Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Build Having issues with DIMM showing 4GB of 8GB please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build Having issues with DIMM showing 4GB of 8GB please help.

Hello Everybody,

I just upgraded my desktop to and im having an issue with the bios only registering 4 gb but when i log into windows it shows a total of 8 gb with 4 gb usable.

The new rig consistes of

ASUS P7P55D-E PRO motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131621

Inel CORE i5-760
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115067

GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL RAM
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231314

I have gone through every forum here and on the asus forums and have had no luck on fixing the problem of only showing 4 gb in the bios and when logged into windows show me having 8 gb with 4 gb usable while running the DIMMS in dual channel. I have run multiple memtests and all pass, I have tried changing the bios to XMP and D.O.C.P and Manual with no change. Checking MSConfig the maximum mem box is not checked and the memory remap is enabled. I have even cleared the CMOS multiple times.

Now if try and run the DIMMS in single channel the bios and windows both show the rig having and using the full 8 gb of ram.

any help with situation will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    A very frustrated and lost person.

Could you post your BIOS settings in particular the actual voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Target CPU Freq 2880 MHz
      Target Dram Freq 1604 MHz

Ai Overclock X.M.P.
      eXtreme Mem Profile Profile #1
      Profile Info : 1600 MHZ 9-9-9-24-2N-1.50V
      CPU Ratio 18.0
      Intel SpeedStep disabled
      Xtreme Phase Full Power Mode Auto
      BCLK Freq 160
      Dram Freq DDR3-1600MHz
      QPI Freq Auto

CPU Voltage Mode Manual
      Fixed Voltage Auto
      Current CPU Core Voltage 1.152V
      IMC Voltage Auto
      Current IMC Voltage 1.153V
      Dram Voltage 1.500
      Current DRAM Voltage 1.496V
      CPU PLL Voltage Auto
      Current CPU PLL Voltage 1.803V
      PCH Voltage Auto
      Current PCH Voltage 1.043V

and the rest is set to Auto

and Memory Remap Feature Enabled
      PCI MMIO Allocation 4GB to 3584MB

Comment

May want to raise both your vCore (CPU core voltage) and IMC voltage in small increments and try that.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok gave that a shot. No joy =( Asus finally called me back with my trouble call. They told me that it was either my mother board bad or my cpu is bad. Does this sound about rigth ?

Comment

Yep, of the two, I'd lean towards mobo......but if you know of anyone with a like socket system, could test your CPU in that mobo and the other CPU in your mobo to see if you can narrow it to a specific component

Tman

Comment

Have you tried the other two slots for dual channel? Make sure to firmly press down on the memory when installing them. If all fails, I would try the motherboard first.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes I have tried all the slots in single and dual channel and it does not boot. I can only get the rig to boot with slot A-1 filled alone or if i have the A-2 or B-1 filled. So i decided to send both back on a RMA just be safe and I am now waiting for the new ones to show up.
                Thanks for all the advise and help and I will repost when the new stuff comes in and is installed. To let everybody know if it was a success.

Comment

We'll be looking for you

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X