Upgrade for Gigabyte Ga-P55-UD4P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade for Gigabyte Ga-P55-UD4P

With memory prices coming down, I was looking to upgrade to 2x4gb. I was looking at going with F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR - Sniper or F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL - Ripjaws

The specs look the same so I am wondering if the only difference is the heatsink. I am also curious if anyone thinks I will have an issue running either.

Current System
    i7-860
    Gigabyte Ga-P55-UD4P
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Think I'd lean towards the Ripjaws, the Snipers are geared toward the i5/1156 and AM3, think the Ripjaws, either these or the RM model would be a little more Robust for the i7

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks. I will probably go with the Ripjaws then since not sure I will notice a difference with the RM model for the extra $30. Also the Ripjaws I linked have the same timings as what I am running now. 8gb is probably overkill, but I find myself running more and more stuff in the background so I usually hover around 60% ram usage before even firing up a game.

Comment

If you ever figure you have too much RAM can always set up a RAM disk for a performance boost

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X