Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with 8GB RipJaws (F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with 8GB RipJaws (F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH)

Hello there,

right now i am fighting with some serious problems getting 4x2GB of the F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH Memory run proberly on my system.

The problem are random Errors while running Memtest86+ after the second or third run.
    The first is always 100% error-free.

But first let me show you my system specs:

Intel QX9770 Processor @3,2GHz (non OCed)
    EVGA 790i Ultra SLI Mainboard
    2x EVGA GTX280 SC Video Cards
    Soundblaster Fatal1ty Soundcard
    1200W Power Supply (Piperock)
    3x Western Digital Raptors Harddisks
    1x DVD Burner (Sony)
    1x DVD ROM (LG)
    Windows 7 64-Bit

That's it...

Well i tried nearly everything, 1066 FSB, 1333 FSB, 1600 FSB with different timings, i raised the SPP Voltage, i raised the DRAM Voltage... nothing... i am always getting the Memtest-Errors.

But if i only run 4GB from each kit i can run the memory for 10 hours without getting a single memtest error...?

Who can tell me where the problem lies? Is the memory incompatible with my mainboard?
    Any ideas?

Best Regards
    Lawrence

First is CR at 2?.......if so might try 1.65 volts on the sticks or 7-8-8-24 timings....if neither work may be in the voltages, i.e. raise NB .1 if no help on these could you post your timings and voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Memory controller will be overloaded.

Raise SPP Voltage a couple notches to stabilize 4 modules at that frequency and timings.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hello @all,

thanks for the answers.

well... i can guarantee that i tried everything to get the memory run without errors for the last 5 days.

I tried different mem-voltages (1.50V, 1.55V, 1.60V,1.65V, 1.70V, 1.75V)

I tried the following timings:

7-7-7-24 (no boot)
        7-8-8-24 (no boot)
        8-7-7-24
        8-8-8-24
        9-9-9-27
        10-10-10-30

with T1 and T2

all others are showing mem-test errors.

I also tried different voltages:

SPP: 1.35, 1.40, 1.45, 1.50 (already red)... it did not help...
        MCP: 1.6

extended timings:
        tRRD: 5 - 7
        tRC: 40
        tWR: 25
        tFAW:30
        tREF: 7.8us
        tRFC: 90 - 512

This memory doesn't even run with 4x2MB without errors while using 800MHz FSB...
        This memory does not run on auto-timings...
        I also have the newest BIOS-version.

It only works when i use 2x2GB....

I used the internet to find help... and believe me this memory won't work... i just thought to find help here in this forum... otherwise the memory goes back to the shop in the next two days... sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but i am really annoyed, because i am on holidays right now and the only thing i am doing is trying to get this RAM run... i is really annoying.

Best Regards
        Lawrence

Comment

H

might try the tRFC down around 68, others at auto

Comment

The issue may be that you purchase two dual channel kits. If you wanted 8GB, you should purchase an 8GB kit that is matched and tested to work together. At this point, you may just be unlucky and have two kits that can't work together. If you send the memory to us, we can test 4 modules that will work together. Or you can get two more kits from your original place of purchase and try those out.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X