Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL with GA-870A-UD3 (Req stable operation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL with GA-870A-UD3 (Req stable operation)

This is semi-crossposted from the Gigabyte forum, however I will give a quick rundown.

I have the following...
    Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Mainboard Rev 2.1, F4 bios
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
    G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (2x4GB 1600mhz DDR3) running at 1333mhz 9-9-9-25-34 Unganged mode

The problem I have been getting is random BSOD and after an overnight test (after previous attempts of no errors) I got the ram to show an error after about 10 hours. I will test each stick individually to see if one or the other is the culprit. In addition I used WinDbg to track down the BSOD minidumps and often it would be random processes (like java.exe or something that should not be at fault) showing memory corruption errors or pagefaults or "single bit corruption" faults.

My question is, as someone else suggested it was mentioned from G.Skill... Do I have to increase the memory voltage slightly above 1.5V in order to get stable operation? Should I even have to do this if it is intended to run at 1.5V normally? I do not require 1600mhz operation and would be perfectly happy with 1333mhz.

Would it be better to just RMA the memory at this point if I can pinpoint a particular module is faulty?

For DDR3-1333, you can use 8-8-8-24 timings instead. It is faster and better for the memory.

For DDR3-1600, try 1.60V and that should stabilize the system.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Using the timings specified for 1333mhz...

I tried each module individually overnight, first one checked out ok and the second one threw errors within 20 minutes of memtest86+

The suspect module appears to be intermittent issues, where it throws errors and then runs fine for a while and then errors again. Either way I now believe I have a faulty module

Comment

May want to RMA, can check w/ where you bought it for exchange or contact GSkill at RMA@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com (world) - info on procedures, etc available at www.gskill.com/rma.php

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X