No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL had my fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed the new MSI board last night reinstalled Windows 7 and other programs and drivers. Downloaded patches all night. Has worked flawless so far. Tonight will be a test for first cold boot but I wasn't even getting this far before with both sticks of memory in so guess strike another against Asus. BTW there customer service is absolutely horrific. I posted for an RMA on the 5th and still have not replied. I will let you all know if there is any other problems but maybe this experience may benefit others. Thanks for the help and the support.

Comment

Glad to hear that you got it working right (at least so far).
      Yeah I've heard that ASUS support is awful, hopefully they'll reply to you soon.
      Which MSI board do you get?
      AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
      Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
      ASUS Crosshair V Formula
      2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
      SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
      Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
      Corsair HX850W Modular
      Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
      2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

I got the MSI 890FXA-GD70 board. I read some good reviews on it plus it allows me plenty of ceiling for an upgrade down the road. I feel pretty confident things are going to be good as it wasn't even cold boots anymore that were freezing my system if i had 2 stick of ram in I wasn't going far. So far very impressed with this board and the features.

I seen you have a HAF 922 case Nemesis. I also chose this case for my build and with all the cases over the years even Thermaltake the HAF 922 with 4 - 200mm fans and a Zalman CPU cooler keeps things so nice and cool. I checked temps on my system last night CPU - 25-30C never hit 35C under full load and the system temp was 28-32C
        Last edited by decoy20; 01-12-2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Yeah the HAF 922 is an awesome case, I don't like big bulky cases, so it was the one for me.
          Right now, my 1090T is idling at 31c, with C&Q disabled, and a 4.05GHz overclock.
          BFBC2 load temps after 4hrs. MP reach about 47c max, the HAF 922 airflow is superb.
          ASUS Crosshair V Formula
          Corsair HX850W Modular

Comment

Figured I will update this for a few days. Last night was my first cold boot since installing mobo and everything worked flawless. I have only 4 gigs in right now and I also have not changed any bios settings. I am curious if it would be better to set my timings and change the mem speed to 1600mhz or just leave it on 1333mhz as that is what it defaulted to of course. My other question is I have this memory and another brands memory both kits are 1600 matched sets. If I install the other set in my rig and have 8gigs will they play nice together? And what settings would be suggested to change if I did this? Not really sure it bothers me if it runs on 1333mhz but I am asking for your suggestions on this.

Thanks!

Comment

What is the model or specs of the memory? You can try with the same settings to see if they will be compatible. That is if they are DDR3-1600 CL9.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Unmatched sets may not run well together, especially if they operate with different timings.
                Why not go for the gusto with what you have?
                Try running the set you have now at 1600MHz with the XMP-1600 profile timings & voltage.
                Or you could just stay with 1333MHz and see if you can lower the timings to improve speed.
                ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                Corsair HX850W Modular

Comment

The memory is crucial ballistix and I believe the timings are 8-8-8-24 and 1.65volts. If it sounds like it isn't a fit its ok at least I am back to normal. I consider this experience tech support 101 as in the future I am now more aware in this scenario. If. I have 2 sticks of memory that sit there and don't get used then it is lesson learned. I appreciate the help and support you guys have provided as this is a fantastic. Group forum and will be glad to always support gskill in the future. Thanks!!

Comment

I would say that is a good suggestion Nemesis not sure it is worth the hassle to try to see if the memory would work together. 4 gigs is plenty for me anyway. I will try to set timings and the profile this weekend and may check with you if I have any questions on the setup. Thanks

Comment

Sorry been awhile since I last posted but I have not changed the memory settings yet as it works fine at auto settings. I may give it a shot at some point but just wanted to update on this thread all is well zero BSOD or any other issues leading to my problem.

Comment

Keep us informed if you have time and try anything different

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X