Recommended Bios settings for gskill ddr3 12800 memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Bios settings for gskill ddr3 12800 memory

I recently upgraded my PC from a gigabyte 775 socket motherboard and 2 gigs ddr2 ram to

A gigabyte P55a-UD3R
    Pentium i3 550 CPU
    2 x 2GB G skill 8-8-8-24 DDR3 12800 1666mhz 1.6V Ram

Now my computer intermittantly freezes for no reason.
    I can't move the mouse and have to reset PC

I have tried different ram and the same thing happens.

I upgraded the Mainboard bios to the latest and still the same thing.

The bios only detects the ram as 1333mhz. (maybe because i have i3550? not sure)

Does anyone have recommended voltage settings for this setup.

1333 is the default speed for the DRAM, may need to adjust your BCLK and multiplier to get to 1600 and may require voltage adjustments, could you post your BIOS settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

What model is your memory?

Try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V and see how that works with one module at a time.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have tried the memory on the 8-8-8-24 1.5v settings one at a time and the computer still freezes.

Here are my bios settings

channel a and b timing settings

cas latency 8
        trcd 8
        trp 8
        tras 24

trc 33
        trrd 4
        twtr 5
        twr 10
        twtp 21
        twl 7
        trfc 74
        trtp 5
        tfaw 20
        command rate 2
        static trd 14

Motherboard Voltage control

CPU Vcore 1.27500
        QPI/Vtt Voltage 1.100 (Auto)
        PCH Core 1.050 (Auto)
        CPU Pll 1.800 (Auto)

DRam
        DRam Voltage 1.580V
        DRAM Termination 0.750v (Auto)
        ch-a data vref 0.750v (Auto)
        ch-b data vref 0.750 (auto)

Advanced Mem settings

XMP Disabled
        Sys Mem Multiplier (Auto)
        1333Mhz
        Performance Enhance (turbo)
        Dram timing Selectable (Expert)
        Profile DDR Voltage 1.5v
        Profile QPI Voltage 1.1v

Adv Frequency Settings

CPU CLock Ratio 24x
        QPI clock ratio (Auto)

Base CLock COntrol (disabled)
        XMP (Disabled)
        SPD (Auto)
        PCI Express Freq (Auto)

CPU CLock Drive (800mv)
        PCI Express Clock Drive (900mv)
        CPU CLock Skew (0ps)

My RAM model is F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM (2Gx2)

I had Corsair 10600 DDR3 Memory in there before and the same thing was happening.

If you need any more info let me know. Hope this helps

Comment

The settings look perfect, very weird. If the other memory did the same thing, it may be a motherboard problem. Do you have the latest BIOS? You may want to look into getting it replaced.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I had the latest bios on the original p55a-ud3r mainboard and the freezing problem occurred so i bought another mainboard (same type and brand) and replaced it. Still having same issues.

I have just tried another setting. Changed XMP to profile1 which changed all settings to the same specs as the memory automatically and set frequency to 1666Mhz so i'll see how that goes.

Otherwise i might have to try different brand mainboard or possibly cpu.

Comment

Might possibly want to see if you can put your hands on another PSU, it might not be putting out full or enough power, if it's happened with two different sets of sticks and two different mobos, it sounds like PSU or CPU....though could also be GPU..have you tried different drivers for your video card...i.e. 1 older, current and 1 newer (beta)......can generally find an assortment at GURU3D, can check here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have actually replaced the PSU from a 550w to a 650w and still same problem.

CPU i haven't replaced.

Everything was working until i upgraded the pc so i figure it's got to be cpu mainboard or memory.

Have done a clean install of O/S as well onto a new hdd.
                I think my video drivers are the latest as well.

I am usually downloading something overnight when the problem happens.
                I tried a different brand usb network card too.

Might try and leave it overnight without downloading then try it with just to be sure.

Comment

Have you tried the QPI/VTT at 1.2

Tman

Comment

Since changing the xmp settings to profile1 under advanced frequency settings my computer has been running for almost 2 days now. I left it on overnight and it didn't freeze (touch wood).

This setting changed all memory settings to the correct specs on the memory stick automatically.

Will let it run a bit longer but hoping the problem is solved.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

After running my pc now for a good few weeks the problem is still there but not as frequent.

Since the memory settings have been changed the freezing problem has definitely improved.
                        It usually freezes after 3-5 days now so i'm considering trying a new cpu or different brand mainboard.
                        That's the only solution i can come up with.

Comment

Did you try raising the QPI/VTT a bit, also may want to raise the CPU voltage just a hair

Tman

Comment

Since two motherboards had the same problem, you may also want to look into the memory. Have you ran memtest on the modules? Test one at a time to see if there is a problem. Or just send both in for RMA to see if a new kit works better.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'm about to give up and get a new pc altogether.

I managed to get hold of another cpu and tried that to no avail.

I did raise the qtt voltage etc but it still seems to freeze after a few days.

I'm trying one more thing and that's a different brand mainboard. I have tried two gigabyte boards (the same model) so now i'll try an asus board.

I'm not sure how high the qtt voltage can go.

the cpu vcore is at 1.264v and qtt voltage is higher too.

not sure what else i can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X