Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility with GA-EP35C-DS3R

Hello,
    I have asked a similar question in the past, but now I have seen your different products and cannot decide which to get.

I own the Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R Rev 2.1 with bios F4.
    My graphics card is a EVGA 8800GT 512MB.

I currently have 2GB DDR3, and I would like to go to 4GB DDR3.
    I have come accross some of your products and I would like to know which one is best and compatible for my motherboard. Have in mind that I might try to overclock as well, so a compatible product that can be overclocked is the best choice.

The GSkill products I have come accross and cannot decide yet are:
    F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ
    F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL
    F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
    F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK (Says high performance or Gaming Memory)
    F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

I have noticed the difference in timings on your products, which I do not know how it will hurt performance. My current RAM uses 7-7-7-20. Any info on this will be appreciated.

Also, I will be using the ram for mostly my home entertainment including high end games.
    Have in mind, that I will probably jump to Win 7 64-bit after I get more RAM, thus what you suggest should be able to work flawlessly under the 64-bit os and also have room for overclock.

In order not to limit my options I would like to kindly ask you to suggest me another of your products in case it is better and compatible.

So overall, I would like to know which of your products will be best for my system which in 1-2 months will be running win 7 64-bit. By best I mean compatible, and overclocking room. At this time, money is not an issue so please suggest freely.

Thank you

What CPU are you running and what is your OCing goal? i.e. on the FSB and for the DRAM?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My cpu is q6600 currently at stock speed 2.4Ghz and fsb at 266 with multiplier at 9x.
      I am planning on going to 3Ghz and if possible 400fsb, but even 333 fsb could probably be ok. I am on stock cooling, and all voltages are currently on auto. I used to have an overclock, but under windows 7 it was not stable, and I am almost sure it was the RAM's fault even though under win XP was running great.
      For the RAM I would guess a speed of 1333 would be ok, but if I can go up to 1600 it will be great, considering that my motherboard will handle it.

I have read various reviews online on the GSkill modules, but mostly I found comparisons on the CL8 models, which seem to be great. Based on descriptions though, I lean more towards the CL7 module as it seems like it has room for overclocking.

Any suggestions are welcome.
      Last edited by pastos; 12-14-2010, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I think the HK or RM model might be best (the 2 CL8 models), with the stock heat sink I wouldn't take it over 333 FSB on a daily basis and that's prob the min of what you'll need to sustain running 1333 DRAM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thing to keep in mind, CPU FSB 333 allows you to operate DDR3-1333. CPU FSB 400 allows you to operate DDR3-1600.

This motherboard should not have a problem with either.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for your replies. Now it's ordering time

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Hello,
                My response is kinda late as I was abroad for quite some time. I am responding to my thread to inform you that I got the F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK modules, and I am happy with them. I was able to overclock my system to 3Ghz and 1333Mhz for RAM. I had to add + 0.1 of voltage to the memory modules in order to accomplish this. So far my system runs stable and faster than before.
                The windows experience index(WEI) now rates my memory with a 7.3 whereas before it was rated 5.5 with the previous modules I had(different company). I know WEI is just some stupid number, and not a real benchmark, but I do believe in this huge change in speed as I have noticed it through the programs I operate on a daily basis.

Thanks again for your recommendations.

Comment

Not late at all! Thank you for the update, glad to hear all is working well. You know where we are if you need more help.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Glad to hear it's working for you, if you do take it higher (which the 6600 should do happily) will probably want a third party heatsink

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X