No announcement yet.

GA-X58-UD3R: 4Gb on cold boot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're only trying to help, that's fine =)

Here's another thing: In that same thread (link I just posted), after a RMA of his RAM, his new RAM was not detected entirely, only 4gb after a cold boot, but he fixed that by disabling EIST. That may be the problem.

I guess we'll have to wait for tomorrow's results..

Comment

I'll be out and about during the day, but will be looking for the update

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

4gb this morning... after a 12 hours break.
        So it's not about EIST or C1E...

Comment

About all I can think of, is if it's a known issue, they may have addressed it in the beta BIOS they have out, might drop them a line and see

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okay, re-seating my CPU definitely did not help. Disabling EIST and SpeedStep did not help either...
            I also changed "Performance Enhance" from Standard to Extreme. (On overclock.net they told me to do that, but it failed, as noted this morning.
            I'm still getting 4gb out of a cold boot.

I could try a BIOS update. I'll try to update to FJ8, but I don't see how it could help.

BTW, Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

I'm definitely RMA'ing my RAM modules. I read so many threads about people fixing that problem this way... But I need a month to spare (It does take a month to RMA, test the RAM, then send it back, no?)

Forgot to say: Yesterday I tried MemTest86 4.10 on every RAM module (in Slot 1) for 10 loops each, no errors.

Comment

Well, I hope that does the trick, but w/ all three testing OK, I'm leaning to Mobo, CPU, PSU or GPU.....just that off hand other than swapping components to check, sort of stuck, wish I had the box here, this form of help can be frustrating at both ends......

Tman

Comment

I know that your way of doing it would be more logical, but many people (around forums like tweaktown, etc) are telling that cold boot problems could occur even if the memory is working "perfectly" in the way it doesn't show errors...

Comment

That's very true, but the missing DRAM thing is coming up SO often in these x58 boards....and it's not from a single manufacturer

Tman

Comment

Updated Bios to latest beta FJ13 (which is not listed on Gigabyte.com)
                      Got it from tweaktown

Comment

Any luck? If not, might strip it down to just mobo, CPU, cooler, dram, GPU and keyboard, see if maybe a wayward device or bad cable is throwing things off

Tman

Comment

I just updated, that means we'll have to wait for tomorrow morning for results =P
                          And... RMAing to G.Skill is pretty costly... it's a long wait too, I don't have that much time (I need to work on my computer too!)

Comment

OK, Ill check back Mon

Tman

Comment

Did not POST correctly this morning... basically it tried to boot up, but couldn't, so it shut down and restarted (all by itself). Then it showed 6Gb, though that is not relevant.
                              The problem was that I forgot to change my settings (I needed to OC my CPU to 3.8Ghz for my voltage settings to work, else it would have this strange POST problem)

I can't even know what stick is defective since it happens only one time a day.
                              Can't I just RMA all the 3 sticks? I fear that they could be lost in the shipping procedure...
                              Last edited by yann3804; 12-27-2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Yes, send them all in for RMA, we will send you a new kit that should work much better.

Thank you
                                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X