Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2GB detected => 6gb installed / P6T SE + F3-16000CL9 2GBPS * 3 Perfect Storm Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2GB detected => 6gb installed / P6T SE + F3-16000CL9 2GBPS * 3 Perfect Storm Kit

Hi,

First of all, i'm french and my english isn't so good, i apologize...
    After reading severals threads here, i still not found an issue :x
    That's why i post today.

Motherboard : Asus P6T SE
    Cpu : Intel i965
    Ram : Kit 3*2GB Perfect Storm F3-16000CL9

I bought my machine one year ago. I never had 6gb detected, only 4gb, but I didn't try to solve the problem...
    But since three months, I lost 2gb more and it's going to be really annoying at this point cause I can't even play some games on my pc..

I read the stickys and the link http://i4memory.com/f54/asus-x58-6-1...stalled-19200/
    I tried differents BIOS config like :

Ai Overclock tuner - Manual
    Cpu Ratio setting - 16
    Intel Speedstep Tech - Disabled
    BCLK Freq - 200
    DRAM Freq - DDR3 - 2000 (btw I don't even want to OC my ram, 6 gb @1066, it should be just fine at this point...)
    UCLK Fred - 4000Mhz

DRAM timiing control
    Cas Latency - 9
    tRCD - 9
    tRP -9
    tRAS - 24
    Command Rate - 2N

CPU Voltage - 1.30v
    CPU PLL Voltage - 1.85v
    QPI/DRAM Core Voltage - 1.50v
    IOH Voltage - 1.35v
    IOH PCIE Voltage - 1.6v
    ICH voltage - 1.20v
    ICH PCIE Voltage - 1.60v
    DRAM Bus Voltage - 1.66v

Load line Calibration Disabled.

Well, if I post, you know the result : no change... still 2gb in the bios and in windows
    However, SiW recognize the 3 modules, like Cpu-Z.

So I tried a memtest : Memtest recognize the 3 modules too. Result : 2 pass, no errors....
    Then I thought about the slot dimm and try to change the emplacement to test. My 3 modules were on A1, B1, C1. No change after the replacements...

I try with every module single (understand? :x) and here it is : my PC doesn't boot only with one module (call him "good module" ). He boots with him independantly of the slot (A1,B1 or C1).
    On the other way, my PC doesn't boot wiith one of the 2 others modules, it turns on, but no "bip" et no bios.... i tried every slot for each module (except A2,B2,C2) and same results : it doesn't want to boot...

I verify and et demount my CPU, for check pin contact, and I also check my heatsink : there is mylar O washers between heatsink's feet and motherboard so it's good like they said in the i4memory.com topic...

I'm out of solutions at this time.... and I don't understand anything anymore... but I can't stay with 2gb with 6 installed :x

Thanks for your advices and help.

Fred

PS : If some sentences are not understanding, let me know... I'll try reformulate it.

Before looking into an RMA as it appears you may have a bad stick or two, could you post your BIOS settings so we can see if anything looks wrong. Thanx

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your intervention.

I put back all parameters on Auto in AI Tweaker. Do you want me to change the settings like I did before as mentionned in the first post?
      I took pictures of every page in the Bios Should I post them all or just few of them particulary?

Comment

The photos you have, particularly those with the DRAM timings and the Voltages (CPU, DRAM, NB, etc)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Like I said before, I put back everything on "Auto"

And here, the rest of pictures i've taken... just in case... i don't know...

Comment

Have to run out to a site I've got a job going at, will be back this PM, off hand, on a quick look, turn off speed step, C1E and Turbo mode

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your time again..
              I just did it and actually nothing changes.

Comment

With everything on auto as in your photos, and w/speed step, C1E and turbo off, manually set the base timing to 8-8-8-24, speed at 1600, Command Rate at 2 and DRAM voltage @ 1.65 volts See haow that goes, if not will probably want to get a headstart on an RMA

Tman

Comment

Here the changes I did :

And still 2GB on windows.. :x

Comment

Have you run memtest on each stick individually to check them

Tman

Comment

Nop, I tought about it but my PC doesn't boot with the 2 other modules. So I don't know how to do ...?
                      It runs on but no "bip", no bios and... no boot

Comment

May want to go ahead and contact for RMA, GSkill should be in today, they might have a suggestion, if not can check with rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com the info is available at

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X