Asus Motherboard and Ripjaw RAM Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Motherboard and Ripjaw RAM Errors

I am having some problems with a 4GB Ripjaw stick (F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL) in an ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard. The system boots fine, but I am getting random BSOD. Additionally, when I run Memtest-86 against the system, I always get an error on test 6 (moving inversions, 32 bit) in the 2048M - 3327M portion of the RAM.

However, I am able to run Prime95 without errors within Windows 7 x64.

I have heard there are some compadibility issues with this motherboard and RAM, and was hoping someone could advise me as to whether this is a bad stick of RAM, or just a bad configuration.

Thanks!

EDIT:
    I was a bit unclear, here is some specific data about my system.

Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition
    RAM: F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL
    Last edited by vitusventure; 11-20-2010, 10:56 AM. Reason: Adding more information

EVO has had numerous problems w/ DRAM - possibles, upgrade BIOS, increase DRAM voltage (.05), increase CPU/MC voltage (.05), OC CPU and increase voltage a hair, ensure Command Rate (CR) at 2N, loosen timings a bit (9-9-9-27, 9-10-10-24, 10-9-9-24) or drop speed w/ stock timings to 1200 or 1066

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

I have tried some of the different setting suggested.

Here are some of the results I have had:

CPU Overclocking: 5%
      Memclock: 400MHz
      DRAM Timing: Auto
      Memory Overvoltage: 1.575
      Chipset Over Voltage 1.175

Memtest fails at 6% of Moving 32bit inversions in the second block of memory with 3 errors. Slightly different result here.

Memclock: 400MHz
      DRAM Timing: Both
      TCL: 9CLK
      TRCD: 10CLK
      TRP: 10CLK
      TRPT: Auto
      TRAS: 24 CLK
      Everything else set as auto

Same error point as above.

Memclock: 553MHz
      DRAM Timing: Both
      TCL: 9CLK
      TRCD: 10CLK
      TRP: 10CLK
      TRPT: Auto
      TRAS: 24 CLK
      Everything else set as auto

Error at 8% of movinging 32bit inversions in the second block of memory with 3 errors.

I don't seem to have a setting for command rate in the BIOS, and I have tried changing it via AMD Overdrive, but it doesn't seem to stick on reboot.

Am I at least on the right track here? Is there something else I should be working on testing?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT:

I have already updated to the latest BIOS available. Many people have been complaining online about the lack of a CS setting for this motherboard, so I guess that is nothing new, but it looks like this RAM and MB are listed on GSkill's Qualified Motherboards List at: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=316
      Last edited by vitusventure; 11-21-2010, 05:48 PM. Reason: Added more information

Comment

You should always use the 9-9-9-24 timings. Sounds like there may be a problem with the module, so send it in for RMA.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I will do that. But just to verify, this module should work with my motherboard, right? I should just get a replacement, not look to find a different model?

Comment

Yes, they are surely compatible, just sounds like one may have a problem.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X