• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws Series F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL memtest fail

I own G.SKILL Ripjaws Series F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL
    DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 2GBx2
    SPD CL9-9-9-24 1,5v

In win7 I have BSoD, and I ran memtest
    One stick is error free, but another reported 1030errors. I ran memtest for each stick separetly
    When I use only the memory stick which doesn't have errors my sistem works fine, but with both sticks I get BsoD.

My system is

Asrock 870 extreme3
    Phenom2 x4 970 @ 3.5 GHz
    Seasonic 520w bronze 80%
    Gigabyte hd 6850

I bought the memory from newegg 15days ago but I am now in Croatia and I wonder if its possible to RMA here in Croatia and if its possible to return only one stick

If its not possible to RMA in Croatia, will newegg except RMA whit only one memory stick?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please visit our website for complete RMA procedures: http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Our Taiwan office will probably be most convenient.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

RMA from USA to Croatia

My friend is going to USA at the end of this month, is it possible that this person sends RMA at a FedEx or UPS station in the USA and sends it to Gskill, and then will Gskill send it back to me to my address in Croatia whit no charge?
      I tried to change the settings in bios but this bad stick always reports errors in memtest, best result is 244 errors in a second pass but usually it finds errors immediately and memtest stops. I use memtest-86 v3.5.the good stick always passes memtest with no errors.
      If you have an idea what I can do before I send the bad stick to RMA please let me know.
      I will send only the bad stick, is this ok?

Comment

You will need to send to Taiwan for no charge. It is more convenient for Taiwan to ship to you.

Also, you should use the latest memtest86+, the v3.5 memtest86 is not optimum. Or use the Win7 memory diagnostics test.

I would suggest sending the entire kit so you can get a matched kit back.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I bought the memory in the USA and my friend is going to the US at the end of the month so for me its more convenient to send in the USA! If its more convenient for you to ship it back to me from Taiwan then that's alright but I will send it through my friend in the States!
          Do you have maybe an European address? I saw on this web sites forum that shipping to Taiwan is 70 Euro, so that is not acceptable for me at all, this is more that I've payed the memory! I'm not going to send both of the memory sticks because I need at least one of them for my computer to work!

Comment

You said that for no charge I need to send my bad memory stick to Taiwan. Does that mean I will need to pay shiping if I send it to USA and you ship it to me from the USA?

Comment

Please double check that price. Shipping from Croatia to Taiwan and Taiwan to Croatia is typically cheaper than from USA. Standard mail is OK, you do not need express mail or anything.

Our USA office only takes care of Americas.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=5230

05-27-2010, 03:03 PM
                Ricardo

i have someone that is going to the USA in end of june.

If i ask for an RMA can a ask that person to drop it off at a fedex station in the USA and send it to Gskill, and then will Gskill send it back to Portugal?

05-27-2010, 04:19 PM
                GSKILL TECH
                Administrator

Yep, that is possible. Just make sure the information on the RMA Request form is the Portugal information.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1093

How come it wasn't a problem for this person from Europe to send the stick to USA and it's a problem for me? You keep saying I send it to Taiwan, I don't understand why and what is the difference if I send it to the States!?
                I'm not going to pay shipping to the US I have a friend that's going to take it to NY and then send it to you from there. If you want you can send it to me from Taiwan!
                If I send it to Taiwan with standard mail who is going to be responsible if the package gets lost!?

Comment

05-26-2010, 10:54 AM
                  GSKILL TECH
                  Administrator

You can send to USA too, but Taiwan may be cheaper.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1093

Comment

No problem, send it to our US office.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I send my RMA request and I get replay back that I must send RMA to Taiwan!!!

Please return your memory and your RMA form printed to our RMA department in Taiwan.

I in my RMA request I give link to this forum!

Can I send whit this RMA number( for Taiwan) to USA or I need new RMA number for USA?

Comment

in gskill replay they send me attachment containing RMA policy & procedures

in this document it say :

7. Make sure the product you send is complete. Incomplete products will not be accepted and will be returned.

2. always send the complete product, if possible with the original package. if you have an dual channel kit, always send defective and non-defective module to us.

dual channel packed memory need to be returned both, coz the replaced pair is always tested together.

How will I work on my computer if I send both memory stick!?
                        Seems to me that your lifetime warranty is useless!
                        It is better to throw this G.skill memory stick in garbage and buy some reliable memory!
                        Last edited by player; 11-25-2010, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the inconvenience. What is your RMA number? Our USA office can only accept RMA from certain countries since shipping may cost more than the memory.

You can send one stick at a time, but that is twice the shipping. We suggest the entire kit because for dual channel it is important to have the same exact memory. Each one of our kits are match tested for full compatibility.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

my memory stick was shipped yesterday from New York. I arranged everything with Gskill RMA support, they will ship the new memory to me from Taiwan because it is more expensive from USA. If someone tested my memory before it was sold to me I wouldn't have this problem! My memory was bought one month ago so you probably have the same one to send back to me.

Comment

All kits are tested, but these problems can still happen. It is just the nature of DRAM IC chips. :/

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X