• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-890gpa-ud3h & f3-12800cl9-2gbrl

Motherboard: GA-890GPA-UD3H rev. 2.0
    Memory: F3-12800CL9-2GBRL (x2)
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955BE stepping 3
    BIOS: Version FE

When I put my PC together I was under the impression that my memory would be operating at the 1600Mhz that I bought it for. After looking through CPU-z I find that it's running at 1333Mhz.

Being a Revision 2.0 motherboard it states the maximum Mhz is 1866, that is far more than what my ram is stated at so it should be able to handle it at it's rated 1600Mhz.

What I'd like to know is what are the settings I should use in the BIOS and what program I should use to test that it is stable and won't crash or corrupt my PC.

I should note that I threw away the packaging the memory came in.

Thanks.

In BIOS, set DRAM frequency to DDR3-1600. Raise CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V (1.20V). This should stabilize the memory at the rated speed. For a stress test, a simple one would be Prime95. If it is unstable, it should error fairly quickly.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Confused

Ok so I went into my BIOS to find those settings and couldn't find them.
      Closest thing I could find was "Memory Clock".
      I took some pics of the BIOS inside the "M.I.T" section.

First image is showing the settings for the "Memory Clock" when I change "Set Memory Clock" to "Manual". Setting that number to x8.00 sets the Memory Clock to 1600Mhz.

Second image is showing the values for the voltages when I set "System Voltage Control" to "Manual". I didn't change anything as I wasn't sure if the "CPU NB VID Control" was the right one to change to 1.20v.

Third image is about the "DRAM Configuration" screen.

Any help on what settings I need to change would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks.

Comment

Almost there! It should actually run fine as is since AUTO timings seem to be picked up correctly. But go ahead and set Timing Items to Manual, then set first four timings to 9-9-9-24 as shown to the right. This would insure timings never change. Once that is complete, your system is ready to rock.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

More...

Just so I'm clear on this.
          I go into the BIOS and switch the "Memory Clock" to x8.00 so it says it's then running at 1600Mhz, then go into "DRAM Configuration" and manually set the timings to 9-9-9-24.

Do I need to make any changes to the "System Voltages" as shown in the second image? If so what one do I change?

Comment

CPU VID Control 1.20V and DRAM Voltage Control 1.50V, but that's it.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Errors

So I went into the BIOS and made the following changes:

Memory Clock = x8.00
              DRAM Frequencies = 9-9-9-24
              CPU NB VID Control = 1.20V

Afterwards I ran a couple tests on SiSoftware Sandra and it stated that my settings were wrong or "Too Safe". After that I opted to just run a Memtest86 bench and got the following after roughly 10mins.

I figured it might have something to do with the settings I placed so I set them back and got the same error.

Same exact error in the same place at same amount of MB.

I have tested one stick at a time yet since I bought this in a 4GB(2x2GB) pack and if one is stuffed it would make no difference to test the other since I'd have to take both in anyway.

Is my memory stuffed and should I RMA it?

Comment

RMA Ram?

I'd really appreciate it to know if the error in the above pics means my RAM needs to be sent back for replacement.

Comment

Go ahead and send them in for RMA. The replacement should be error free.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X