Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and Prime95 error

Hi all,
    I was hoping someone could help me with my memory problem. First off my hardware is:
    Model of the motherboard: MSI 880GMA-E45
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    Model of the CPU: Athlon II 645
    No overclock and current bios
    My problem is I am instantly get Prime95 rounding errors at ALL settings, including 1066, 1333, and 1600. I searched and found advice on here to up my CPU-NB voltage +.1 and I have from 1.18 to 1.28. At default timings for 1066, 1333, and 9-9-9 for 1600, I can't get Prime95 to not give me the rounding errors. I have tested the memory with Memtest at 1333 and 1600 and passed multiple times. My system runs fine and has not locked up or blue screened yet at all. I can even run OCCT for 1 hour and pass no problem at 1333, 8-8-8, and 1.28 CPU-NB. I can also pass OCCT at 1600, 9-9-9 2T, 1.28 CPU-NB, and 1.6 DRAM voltage (read on here to try boosting 1.5 to 1.6 in some cases).
    Why can I pass OCCT which is supposed to be arguably better than Prime95, have no stability issues so far, and fail Prime95 with rouding errors almost instantly in most cases?
    I thought about adjusting my Northbridge and HT voltages, but I can't. The only voltage options for my motherboard are:
    CPU VDD
    CPU-NB VDD
    CPU voltage
    CPU-NB voltage
    DRAM voltage
    Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by pcaccess; 11-14-2010, 10:08 AM.

If all is good other than Prime95, it's possible that your PSU isn't providing clean/steady power to the CPU/MC and RAM, the version of Prime may also affect the results, will want the latest version.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have an Antec Earthwatts EA380D Green power supply. 32 amps on the 12 volt rails total. The CPU is only 95 watts, no overclock, and no graphics card. Should be plenty for a basic system I would think. I also did look up the most recent version of Prime95 (v263). Thanks for the help though.

Comment

Believe it or not, prime95 is harder on AMD then OCTT or LinX. Was that Prime blend or large that failed ?

Also if you don't have any issues with daily stability, no need to punish or torture ya rig with stability programs...

Comment

I just started getting errors running Memtest that I didn't get before. I kept running stress tests because I had a feeling something wasn't right, and now I know the memory is faulty. At first Memtest ran fine at all speeds once adjusted without errors, but now I get errors at default 1333 on the first pass. Time to return. Weird it took this long to show itself, kind of like it slowly went bad.

Comment

Working...
          X