correct settings for asus m4n98td evo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct settings for asus m4n98td evo

I am running this mobo with f3-12800cl9d-4gbrl 2x 2gb, amd phenom II x4 965 BE and I am having issues with BSOD's. need to do everything I can to make sure it isn't the RAM before asus will help. Was running 8gb, then built another system and took 4gb from mine. Both systems having the same issues. Running win7 64bit. Have an older PNY 7900 gs gpu with the current drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was doing a ram check thru windows and got a bsod with system service exception 0x0000003b. Gonna try and get a boot disk of memtest and check 1 stick at a time. tried putting all 4 sticks that I have available, just need to figure out what sticks may be bad. What is wierd is that I was running for about a month with 8gb with no issues then it all started to go wonky. I just can't remember if it started before or after I took 4gb out to build another system with.

Comment

Forgot... I was playing around with some bios settings, auto has it at 1333, I can set it for 1600 and it has another choice to see settings within the ram and it sets it 1600 9-9-9-24. When it was running for a month it was on the auto settings, I didn't even think of checking the speed when I built the PC, just thought it would set it at 1600.

Comment

1333 is the default, to run at 1600 w/ the 965 will prob require increased voltages and/or an OC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply, just started doing a pass with memtest+ with all 4 sticks in and I stopped after 400000 errors... Starting to do 1 stick at a time. I have no problems with running it at 1333, but would be curious to know where to start with an OC to get it at 1600.

Comment

Did 1 at a time and looks as though 2 are good and 2 are bad. Will start the rma process...

Comment

Don't forget, with that CPU, you will need to raise CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V to support DDR3-1600.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X