F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH discontinued?

Was hoping to pick up another 4gb kit of these. Newegg says it's deactivated. Have you guys discontinued this kit?
    Last edited by jcleve; 11-02-2010, 06:12 AM.

I believe they are out of stock at the Egg, which is why it shows as 'currently unavailable'. Generally if they just drop a product line/model, it won't show up in an on site search. i.e. go to the Egg and search for Q6600, the CPU won't be found, yet if you exit to your browser and Google Q6600, the Egg will show up at the top of the list and you can get to it at the Egg that way (a good way to get info on older/outdated products)

Would guess they will have more within a week or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That's the thing...it doesn't show up in a search at newegg. I googled it to find the deactivated newegg page. :-(

Comment

Sometimes NewEgg's deactived note isn't entirely correct. I've seen parts come back into stock and it changes from deactivated to In-Stock.
        MSI Big Bang xPower x58
        Intel i7 950
        GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
        Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
        OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
        WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
        WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
        Corsair TX950W
        Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

I have asked NewEgg to order more, they should be available in a couple days.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I don't mean to come across as winy, but it's been about a month and I haven't seen any of these on newegg's site.

Do they still plan on restocking them?

Comment

If they responded to GSkill, would guess Tues - Wed at latest

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry, the chips are very limited right now, so this particular model is on stand by.

Sorry for the incovenience.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Any more on the way to newegg?

I am looking to add another set of F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH to my system. I really don't want to buy a different 8Gb set, but it seems you guys are just not coming out with any more of this model number. I'm very disappointed, this is one of the best chip sets out for dual channel systems which is why I trusted the G.Skill brand. I've been trying to get more of this ram for months now to no avail. I think it's pretty crazy that G.Skill stopped manufacturing these chips (or stopped having them available for purchase) within two years of release! I upgrade my systems over time, and if I can't trust Gskill to have matching sets of relatively new ram available I'll have to look at a different manufacturer from now on. I would be very grateful if a representative could help.

Comment

I did not say they are discontinued, I said they are on stand by. We do plan to produce more, they are very high in demand, but like I said, the chips are limited so we can only wait. This is the same for any performance kit, they are out of stock all the time because we can not produce enough for demand. We will not use other chips just to fulfill this spec; we are very strict about this, when you purchase G.Skill memory, you purchase the highest quality chips for the spec. Not just any chips that can barely pass specs. People pay hard earned money for the spec they want, that's exactly what we'll give them.

Sure you can look into other manufacturers; not many will have them, or they will have inferior chips. If we can produce a lot, why wouldn't we? Of course we want to supply demand, the problem is we don't have the high quality chips right now to make them.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Any update on when or where we can expect to see stock? I've been trying to get these chips for a long time now. When was the last time a set of these was available for purchase? I'd like to keep waiting for this set, but my patience is wearing thin. I can get an 8 Gb set from other manufacturers now, even if they are milliseconds slower.. Please help!

Comment

PM'd you

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X