F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO weird behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO weird behavior

I just had a pair of these RMAed and the replacements have even more problems than the ones I sent in. Oddly, these sticks don't show any errors in memtest86+ or MemTest even at 8-8-8-24-2N-1600Mhz. However, any significant memory load causes the system to hang or bluescreen.

OCCT:Linpack will hang within one minute of testing(not monitoring), running Fallout:New Vegas causes bluescreens(usually IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN with dxgmms1.sys as the culprit), and attempting to install .NET 4.0 causes the system to hang. Browsing the web or watching videos doesn't cause any crashes.

This problem is really annoying and I am 99% sure that these sticks are the cause; the previous pair had cold boot issues, but never caused hangs or bluescreens. Additionally, I set all other settings to stock and tried running these sticks at 800Mhz instead of 1600Mhz which seemed to eliminate the problem, but obviously isn't a solution.

Note:All tests at 1600Mhz used 1.2V CPU/NB or higher
    Edit:I also tested at 9-9-9-24-1333Mhz and still had these issues

Specs: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE-C3|ASUS M4A87TD EVO 1005|Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB|
    OCZ ModXstream-Pro 600W PSU
    Last edited by jabway; 10-30-2010, 07:26 PM. Reason: Additional information

These sticks are going for RMA. Linpack fails within 20 seconds at any speed(including 800Mhz) and the problems aren't limited to Windows either, Ubuntu has the same issues.

I must be really unlucky to have sent in sticks with cold boot issues and receive replacements that are this bad.

Comment

You have 1.35V memory which can be a problem for your AMD platform. I would suggest requesting the F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM kit, and request to have them tested before shipping. The kit you receive will no longer have this problem.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Surprisingly, these sticks were able to run at 1.35v when using the XMP profile. Whether or not a working pair would be stable at 1.35v is another question, however.

Comment

Working...
        X