urgent question about - M4A785TD-V EVO and F3-10666CL7T-6GBPK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent question about - M4A785TD-V EVO and F3-10666CL7T-6GBPK

This ram is in the Asus guide for compatible ram, this board is am3 i'm running the amd 3.2 black edition quad core on it. My question is tho, can this setup run tri-channel ram like this? I got blue screen this morning the day after I installed it. Is this really okay to run 3x2gig sticks on this setup?

AMD does not do triple channel ram. I am no expert, but I believe you can set your ram to dual channel though.

Comment

anyone that runs this g.skill site wanna comment on this?

Comment

May want to contact ASUS on their DRAM QVL list, the mobo is a single/dual channel board with dual in either set of colored sockets or w/ all 4 filled. May be able to run all 6 GB in single channel mode (64 vs 128). If running the 955, to run at 1333, you may need to OC a bit and/or add a little juice to the MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah i tried to o.c just ended up bluescreening a bunch of times so i put my old ram back in it... well i guess i'll be sending this ram back to newegg and get another set of the 2x2gig of the ripjaw's series they have served me well so far. thank you

Comment

No problem. Might try with two sticks in same colored slots, get them stable then up the MC voltage .1 and add the third stick in the remaining slot closest to the CPU......might get you going w/ 6GB. Should be able to get the sticks to go, problem in part is the EVO mobo which can be a bear

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Set frequency, timings, and voltage, it should be capable of 6GB.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X