F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ and ASUS P7H55-M PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ and ASUS P7H55-M PRO

I recently put together a PC with F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ and ASUS P7H55-M PRO.
    The machine kept turning on then 2 seconds turning off, then turning on, then off...
    After changing PSUs, taking the motherboard out of case, I finally discovered it was the ram.
    I finally just put one stick of the above ram in DIMM slot 1 and got to the bios! whoopee! As long as you had just one of the sticks of ram on the board it would always boot to the bios.
    Then I put another stick in DIMM slot 3. The turning on and off came back???
    So I tried DIMM slot 2 and DIMM slot 4, same problem. Then I got the bright idea to put the stick of ram beside each other (Dimm slot 3 and 4). Boots to the bios. I have not gotten to the installing of an OS. So I don't know if everything is stable.

My question is, is my ram running like it should in dual channel mode? Is it going to throw up later down the road if I put more gskill ram? The motherboard clearly colors the DIMM slots for 2 sets of ram. every time I've built a board it's usually DIMM 1 and 3 if you only have 2 sticks.

The second stick may be defective. It should have the same results as stick one. Send the kit in for replacements.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X