No announcement yet.

Add more G.Skill 4GB PC16000 Ripjaw ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add more G.Skill 4GB PC16000 Ripjaw ???

Hi guys. I'm kinda noob at RAM stuff, so I am hoping you can help me with this.
    I have an Asus P7P55D Pro with G.Skill 4Gb (2x2Gb) 2000Mhz Ripjaw and I was thinking about adding another 2 sticks (8Gb total), but I don't know if my CPU is capable for all this RAM and if my computer will still use Dual-Channel technology with 4 sticks...etc.

After googling some RAM info I noticed that my RAM was never at 2000Mhz because I need to OC the CPU (loool) and that maybe this frequency is too high with 8Gb of RAM and my CPU might not be strong enough to do this.
    Can you please tell me if my motherboard is capable of two pair of Dual-Channel with this kind of RAM, if my CPU is enough/capable to do this and what settings I must put for all this to work?
    I would really appreciate some thoughts on how I can put these 4Gb I have now in 2000Mhz (timings, volts, etc.)
    Thanks.

CPU: Intel i7 860 2.8GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Mode)
    RAM: G.Skill DDR3 PC16000 Ripjaws 4GB(2x2Gb)
    Motherboard: Asus P7P55D Pro
    Last edited by psychic; 10-26-2010, 10:31 AM.

Based on our testing, it is capable. Enable XMP profile under AI Overclock Tuner and see how that works..

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for that. Now I know Dual-Channel is supported and I can buy another kit.
      I'll try the XMP option.

Comment

Working...
      X