Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL v/s Trident F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD (which is better?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL v/s Trident F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD (which is better?)

Hi friends,

I need a suggestion of above 2 ram models with pros and cons of them.How they are when compared one on one.
    CPU core i5 750 and MSI p55gd65 are the hardware on which it will be used.Please do not suggest any other model i need a comparison b/w these 2 ram and which 1 to go for.

Thanks

Depends on whether you're willing to pay the premium for the Tridents. For that premium you get guaranteed DDR3 1600 speeds at 8-8-8-24 timings at 1.60v. The tighter timings "may" be indicative of more headroom if you wanted to loosen timings and push towards a higher frequency. You might be able to push them to 1700-1800Mhz speeds easily.

On the other hand, the Ripjaws are rated at 9-9-9-24 and 1.50v. My best guess is that these would easily run at 8-8-8-24 timings and DDR3 1600 speeds if you wanted to up your DRAM Voltage to 1.60v

So it isn't really so much a question of comparison, as much as it is how much overclocking headroom do you want/need at frequencies above 1600Mhz.
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

few hundred difference of price is not a matter.just want a better 1...? btw how is the heat spreader in trident is it better? coz in ripjaw at 1600 mhz(x.m.p profile) temperature used to rise 80 degree with load.will trident ram work better? or it doesnt matter i will have to install good heat sink for cpu?
      Last edited by manoj4986; 10-18-2010, 04:12 AM.

Comment

any experts feedback on above queries?

Comment

If cost isn't a consideration then the Tridents are the better kit of the two.

Heat spreaders;

Tridents have a larger surface area to improve heat dissapation and the heat spreaders are aluminum

Ripjaws - smaller surface area and are made of steel or some combination of alloys (not aluminum)

The Trident heat spreaders are very tall so you'll need to take into consideration any interference with other components (specifically CPU coolers)

The Ripjaw heat spreaders are very short and should fit about anything
          MSI Big Bang xPower x58
          Intel i7 950
          GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
          Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
          OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
          WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
          WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
          Corsair TX950W
          Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Trident is better than RipJaws. The chips used are different, more for performance. Also, the heat spreader is much better, so you can overclock easily and not worry about temperatures.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X