Clear All

• G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ Stability Problems

Hi everyone,

ich have buyed a new Computer here are the Speccs :

beQuiet SilentPower E5-450 Watt
    Sapphire Radeon HD5770
    Athlon II X3 445
    GA-880GMA-UD2H Rev2.0
    2x 2GB G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (on the verified by gigabyte list)
    WD Caviar Blue 500 GB HD

RAM timings by SPD nothing overclocked

I have the following Problem, i installed Win7 on the new maschine everything was fine. I used it the whole day (for games ...) The next day i started it and after startup i got some Errors from Applications not running properly, then i got some Bluescreens (Memory Management). After that i booted with linux boot cd and testet the Memory with Memtest86+ for 3 hours with 0 Errors. I than reinstalled Win 7. It ran fine for a day then the next day after startup the same problems occured. I then removed RAM2, then the system rans fine even after a cold boot. Then i updated BIOS to latest Version put in RAM2 then i got the Bluescreens again. I then switched RAM2 from socket 2 to 3, it runs in single channel mode there. System was fine until the next cold boot, i got the same Bluescreen again. Any ideas ? Should i RMA the Memory ?

Thanks for the help

Try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V

or DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 1.60V CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V

If both still don't work properly after cold boot, send the memory in for replacements.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have tried to remove the 5770 and switched to onboard, but after cold boot it still got the same bluescreen. I have now set the timings to what you have suggested (which are faster then the default by SPD) an will try to cold boot it tomorrow.

Comment

I have found the Problem RAM2 is faulty. I got the Bluescreen after Cold start wtih RAM2 alone (never tried that before), but with RAM1 its fine.

Comment

Send them in and the new kit should work much better.

Thank you for your cooperation
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

i got a new Kit, it worked fine for 4weeks. But today i got the same Memory Management Bluescreen again when i was using nothing but firefox. I had the RAM timing at 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 1.6V Dual Channel unganged Mode. I never overclocked the RAM it was at 1333 the whole time. It seems to me that this kit is faulty too. How should i explain this to my Reseller ? I doubt he will replace the modules a second time. I'm living in europe so i can't send the modules to gskill because its so expensive. What should i do ?

Thanks for the help

Comment

For DDR3-1333, you should use 8-8-8-24 and 1.50V.

Contact the reseller to see if they can do us a favor by assisting you.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Can the RAM be unstable if i use timings which are slower than the timings for which the RAM is specified ?

Thx for the fast reply

Comment

Yes, depending on what the memory is rated for, it will only operate smoothly with certain timings.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X