Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total incompatibility between G-SKILL DDR3 and ASUS P7P55D PRO mother board

Good morning to all,

I have got a P77P55D PRO with F3-10600CL8-4GBHK GSKILL memory modules, the processor is a core i5 750, all working under Windows 7 64. Since the beginning (end 2009), the system is very unstable: Following each cold boot, a BSOD appears very early. The only possibility to allow correct boot is to remove one memory module from its slot (PC powered off) and to re-plug it. But the problem comes back as soon as the system is re-launched.
    The results given by MEMTEST86+ are very dark: Thousands of errors are detected. Installing memory in A1/B2 slots instead of A1/B1 give better results, but memory errors remain present.
    The only stable configuration I have found is with two noname DDR 10600 2GB modules placed in A1/B2 (dual channel benefit lost).
    My bios version is 1807. Both mother board and memory modules have been exchanged under warranty threw the retailer in France, without any improvement.
    Why this G-SKILL DDR3 does not work with my mother board, despite it is given suitable in the QVL?

I would be very honoured if somebody from G-Skill could clarify this for me.

Thanks in advance and have a good day.

Send the memory in for replacements. The memory should work without a problem in this motherboard. Enable XMP Profile under Ai Overclock Tuner and it will set everything for you.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Dear sir,

Regarding memory replacement, as told above, it has already been done. Do you think a new exchange could be helpfull if two previous memory modules sets have been defective ?
      I also followed your advice : Reinstalling on the MB my GSKILL memory and enabling XMP profile. The resuslt was a big BSOD even before windows starts and and a scratch on the system. Having reinstalled my poor noname memory, I had to launch Windows repair disk in order to recover my system. As you see, it din't set anything for me.
      So I still think there is a quality problem with this GSKILL memory, and am not too far from thinking that GSkill does not take it into consideration.

Comment

Lole, I'm neither an official admin/mod or a paid GSkill employee. I'm a regular forum member and almost exclusively use GSkill memory products in all personal and customer builds.

I can ensure you that GSkill takes EVERY unhappy customer seriously. The GSkill Tech has recommended that you RMA your current kit. When you submit your RMA please be sure to include a request to have the new memory tested before it is shipped out to you. They will do this.

I promise that GSkill wants you to be happy. In the mean time, post up pics or a template showing ALL of your settings and we can take a look at them and see if something is amiss.

Regarding X.M.P. profiles...............
        They are really hit and miss on Asus boards. I've experienced the same. They seem to work pretty good with Gigabyte and MSI boards, but I've had issues with the X.M.P. profile and Asus boards.
        MSI Big Bang xPower x58
        Intel i7 950
        GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
        Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
        OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
        WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
        WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
        Corsair TX950W
        Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

All of our DDR3 memory should work on that motherboard without a problem. Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you Wevsspot for your understanding and compassion, I'm not far from nervous breakdown with this that stuff !

Here are pictures of my bios settings, which are not more thant default settings :

Comment

Here, this is the tag of the original set of RAM

and here from the set I had in replacement

And finally the MEMTEST report of this nice RAM

What do you think of that ?

Comment

All of our DDR3 memory should work on that motherboard without a problem. Do you have the latest BIOS?
                Unfortunately I have major problems with GSKILL DDR3 on this motherboard ! As told in my first post, my BIOS version is the 1807, which is, as far as I know, the latest release.

Comment

Lole,

You are using the latest released BIOS so you've got that covered. Please do the following;

1. Clear CMOS and load default values
                  2. Set the following values in the BIOS

Ai Tweaker
                  CPU Level Up [disabled]
                  AI Overclock Tuner [manual]
                  CPU Ratio Setting [auto]
                  Speed Step [disable for now]
                  Turbo Tech [enable]
                  Extreme Phase [auto]
                  BCLK Frequency [auto]
                  PCIe Frequency [auto]
                  DRAM Frequency [1333]
                  QPI Frequency [auto]
                  OC Tuner [disabled if thats an option]

DRAM TIMING CONTROL
                  CAS [8]
                  RAS to CAS DELAY [8]
                  RAS PRE TIME [8]
                  RAS ACT TIME [21]

COMMAND RATE 2T

CPU Voltage Mode [actual]
                  CPU Voltage [1.26v]
                  IMC Voltage [1.15]
                  DRAM Voltage [1.50v]
                  CPU PLL Voltage [auto]
                  PCH Voltage [1.10]

Anything I haven't specifically mentioned above should be left at BIOS defaults.

Save settings and exit. Run memtest. Good luck.
                  MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                  Intel i7 950
                  GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                  Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                  Corsair TX950W

Comment

Do you have another DDR3 computer to test on? I think the motherboard may be defective. Look at the error codes, it is just at one location, so probably not a accurate test.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi Wevsspot !

I carrefully followed your advice, using the settings you've specified for my system. After a good day of testing, I must now tell you that it works!

It's a miracle! You certainly have to be a messenger of god, a sort of angel or something like that. You said initially that you are not a paid employee of G. SKILL. I can tell you that they'd better propose you to become one. In light of the answers completely irrelevant that GSKILL tech gave me above, it would be a chance for them to have you inside.

Without wishing to abuse, I would ask you what problem you have identified on my system and how you understood the solution ? Nevertheless I still think that it is not normal for this material deemed compatible, does not work without resorting to such expertise.

As they say in my country, "tu m'as sorti le cul des ronces mon pote !" (possible translation : you got my *** out of the brambles buddy !)

Thank you, again, again and again !

Comment

Lole,

I'm so glad that your rig is up and running stable. Congratulations!

The only reason I was able to help is because of the numerous Asus/Gigabyte + G.Skill builds I've done for myself, friends and customers.

The Asus boards seem to be the most temperamental, so they are the ones that I always seem to have to fiddle with a little bit to get them working just right. But once they are working right they are rock solid performers. No magic - just experience.

Again, I'm glad you're rig is finally stable and thank you for the kind words. They mean a lot and a nice thank you is the best reward in the world for helping out.

Regards,

JW
                        MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                        Intel i7 950
                        GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                        Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                        Corsair TX950W

Comment

Dear JW,

I'm sorry to say that my computer got back to messing around. Fortunately, this is not as critical as the previous time. I'll try to explain what happens: Last monday, when I thought my PC healed (thanks to you) and was switching it on with joy in my heart, a big bloody BSOD get out ten seconds after Windows startup. After some experimentation, I found out that switching off and on the supply was sufficient to allow a good start and assure stability of my system.
                          As a summary, each time I launch the PC (after after a few hours of downtime), Memtest finds tons of memory errors. So, I shut it down, then the power supply for one second before restarting the whole. Following this procedure the Memtest becomes OK and I shall use the sytem without any problem.
                          This is happening at every boot, making this procedure mandatory. Obviously, this does not prevent me from working quietly with my PC, but it is a bit cumbersome to have to do all this at every boot. As official guardian angel of my system, would you have any idea what's going on?

Many thanks in advance JW for your time, patience and expertise.

Best regards

Laurent

Comment

Send the memory in for new replacements.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                              Send the memory in for new replacements.
                              Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH
                              Dear Laurent -
                              There you have it

Best of luck to you and let us know if the new kit fixes all your problems. I'm crossing my fingers for you.
                              MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                              Intel i7 950
                              GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                              Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                              Corsair TX950W

Comment

Working...
                              X