Max Bandwidth? 12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Bandwidth? 12800CL9D-4GBNQ

I was messing around with CPU-Z the other night and realized my RAM setting weren't exactly where they were supposed to be, I think. I noticed that in the max bandwidth was set as PC3-10700 (667MHz). From my understanding thats way underclocked from the advertised 833MHz. After messing around with BIOS my timings and voltage should be right at 9-9-9-24 and 1.5v (auto in BIOS). I'm pretty new to most of this stuff. Should I even be concerned?
    Thanks in advance
    Here's what I'm running with:
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz (O.C.'d to 3.25GHz)
    MoBo: ASRock M3A770DE
    RAM: 2x G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    PSU: Rosewill 950W Continuous
    VCard: Sapphire 100274HDMI (1GB Radeon 4350)

Max bandwidth is correct, that is showing the JEDEC standard. What that is showing is if you have settings on "AUTO" default, the motherboard can only detect up to DDR3-1333.

That is why Intel has XMP, and for AMD you have to manually configure settings for memory better than that spec.

The memory tab of CPU-Z gives you real time information. So with this memory kit, it should show ~800MHz 9-9-9-24

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

If your system is stable, then maybe you should leave it as it is. If you want to try for DDR3-1600, you'll need to set it manually in the BIOS. As far as I can see, your ASROCK motherboard doesn't have the option to increase CPU-NB Voltage so you might face some unstability with 1600. However, it never hurts to try. If you see it is unstable, you just have to revert everything to AUTO.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! Actually, when I set everything to auto my memory drops to 500MHz but my latencies drop from 9-9-9-24 to 6-6-8-20 or around that area, I'm not actually at my rig so I can't give exact numbers but when I get back to it ill have had memtest86+ running for over 8hrs. I had errors before but I think I had my timings wrong. I do have a little extra money right now, I'm getting a new video card for sure but my mobo is more important. Any suggestions for a mobo that is entirely compatable while being customizable at the same time?

Comment

Any motherboard from ASUS, GIGABYTE or MSI with an AMD 800 series chipset except those basic mATX shall do. Before purchasing, I would take a look at the manual online and be sure it has all the necessary BIOS options. I can always suggest few motherboards if you have a price range.

Comment

Awsome thanks! As far as my price range goes I was hoping for something no higher than the 150ish range. I will spend the extra if it is a much better improvement. Thanks again.

Comment

For basic control, something like the ASUS M4A87TD EVO would be a good choice. If you plan on taking your CPU to its limit, then maybe the Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H would be better.

Comment

Haha its actually funny you recommended the asus m4a87td. I went over to newegg and for under 200 I can get the mobo and a new vid card that kicks the crap outta my current one. Thanks for all the help

Comment

Working...
                X