4x F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH + M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 + AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH + M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 + AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Ok, first of all, I've read ppl on the forums having the same issues with a similar system config, but i'd like to ask for a few more specific questions, since some of the users got answers through e-mail..

That's my config on the topic, AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and 8GB (2GB x 4) of F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH..

I started having Video driver not responding problem running games, and after a long research and trying different things, i found out i was really having memory compatibility problems. I tried different settings, instead of the original 3.2ghz clock i used 4.06ghz with 1800Mhz memory, 1600Mhz, different voltages and stuff.. Some of them showed some short stability, fixed the Video driver not responding, but started other issues, like random game crashes, freezes, blue screens.. I tried the original timing config, 9-9-9-27 and 1.65 volts, and again on this frequencies, 1600 and 1800, unstable..

Later on i loaded default configs on Bios, and left everything on AUTO, including voltages, timing, and every processor clock and voltages settings as well.. It seems that this was the config that the system got more stable, I still have the "driver not responding" problem, but it happens like only once, and the system turns stable again with apparently no further instabilities..

Please advise? I know this memory is not the recommendable one for AMD mobo, but i bought this computer from a friend, I really wish to find a solution without having to replace any components, even if that forces me to run the memories on a lower frequency.. All i want is a stable system for gaming purposes, but if possible please help me trying to find out the correct config to run them at the proper 2000Mhz frequency..

Thank you very much!!
    Last edited by pthui; 10-05-2010, 09:09 PM.

First of all, I don't think you can run those RAMs at 2000Mhz, even 1800Mhz seems unplausible.

Set your DRAM frequency to 1600, your timings to 9-9-9-24(just to be safe for now), Command Rate of 2T with 1.65V for DRAM Voltage. Then increase CPU-NB voltage to 1.25V

If timings of 9-9-9 are stable, decrease them to 8-8-8 and retest, hopefully 7-7-7 will be stable as well.

Comment

Thx for replying..

I tried those exac configs u advised, at first the system showed some stability, but after a while i started to get random game crashes just as before.. =[

I also tried to use 1600Mhz with 9-9-9-27, 1.65v and +0.1 NB voltage like I saw on other post with the same pc config I have and ppl with same problems, and the system gone berserker, no stability at all..

What should I try next?

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also just after this post I tried to restart the game and got blue screen..
      Last edited by pthui; 10-06-2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Try two sticks at a time. Get Pair A in the black slots, then get Pair B in the black slots. If they are all stable, get Pair A in blue slots and then Pair B in blue slots. Mark your sticks as you don't want to lose track of which pair you're testing.

Comment

I did some variety of tests, I don't believe that at this point the problem is with the memory sticks itself =/

It's more a compatibility issue I guess, I'm waiting on the Tech Support answer to try the next move, maybe they got some specific config for my case..

I'm about to buy some Flare pair, F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS, did some research already and I'm sure they will run smoothly, but before that i want to be 100% sure that my system can't possible be any stable in the actual condition, because as the prices are different, and I got used sticks, not mentioning the bothering of selling those 2 pairs, I'm gonna have to trade 8Gb for 4Gb probably on this trade..

Like I said before, all I want is a stable system, forget the frequency, If u guys can help me turn this system to stable at 1333Mhz, so be it.. (I tried to use 9-9-9-27 and 1.65v, proper configs, on 1333, and got blue screens of death again..)

Help me please!!

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Tech Support, where are u? =/

Comment

I don't think they work on weekends, but he will be here soon.

Just a thought, did you raise CPU/NB to 1.25V while doing any tests?

Comment

Yes, I did everything u said.. tried to raise CPU/NB to 1.25, and +0.1 as well as I saw ppl doing on other post with the same mobo and memory..

I tried pretty much dozens of combinations and failed on all =/

Thx for ur help anyway i appreciate it..

Comment

Does 2 sticks on AUTO fail too?

Comment

Post pictures of your BIOS so we can see what's holding you back.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

OK.. This is the most stable config, everything set to AUTO.. I do have some "Video driver not responding issues" specially when I run heavier stuff, or when I Alt+tab and come back from a full screen game for example, but still is the only config I can manage to play games so far..

Comment

Now, this is the config suggested by the guy here on the forums who helped me.. After a while of gameplay I either experience game freezes, crashes, blue screen, and even the video driver not responding..

Keep me posted if u need anything else.

Thank you!!

Comment

Those voltages seems to good to be true, right on the dot of the settings. Install ASUS PC Probe and look at the readings from that. But anyways, try increasing your CPU Voltage to 1.3V.

Also, what's your power supply?

Comment

It's that one..

about the voltages, they do oscillate a little bit, it was just a coincidence that they got that stable right when i took the picture..

About the Probe, I looked everywhere, dunno if I'm looking at the wrong place, but I don't think it tracks the RAM and CPU/NB voltages..

Comment

It does track CPU/NB voltage, maybe you need to change it in the options.

Comment

Working...
                              X