Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @G.SKILL TECH - memory voltage

Hello,

I purchased an extra 4gb of "F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM".

I'm now running a total of 8gb of memory and am very pleased with my g.skill purchases. However, I do have a question for you... On the packaging and on the ram itself, it gives a rating of 1.6 volts. I am in the process of tweaking/overclocking my i5 760 system even further, and I was wondering if these sticks can run at 1.65v safely if need be?

I'd just like to make sure before I do any further tweaking with my memory settings.

Thank you.

yes you can safely run them at 1.65v if needed (especially considering that you're running 8Gb).

i wouldn't go over 1.65v though.
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Your very welcome.

Enjoy your rig
        MSI Big Bang xPower x58
        Intel i7 950
        GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
        Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
        Corsair TX950W
        Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Sorry, I'm too late, but you're in good hands. =) You shouldn't need more than 1.60V unless you're overclocking or attempting better timings. But, 1.65V will be just fine. DDR3 has voltage regulators so even if you have too much voltage it will attempt to even that out.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

@G.skill Tech -

That's good news. Thank you.

I was able to achieve 4.01 ghz with my i5-760 with 8gb memory (2 kits of "F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM") while remaining at its rated 1.60v.

I remember posting a few weeks ago with my concerns regarding overclocking with 8gb or ram instead of my standard 4gb. I was also worried that my 2 kits of "F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM" might be incompatible as they were not guaranteed/tested together as a full 8gb kit.

You reassured me that it would most likely work fine, and that if it didn't, I could always send the sticks in for a 8gb kit. So I went out and picked up an extra 4gb identical kit, and I couldn't be happier. The fact that I had 8gb did make my overclocking a lot more difficult than prior to the upgrade, but thanks to the quality of ram, and a few tweaks here and there in the bios, I was well on my way to 4 ghz once again. This is my first G.Skill experience, and I'm quite impressed with the product(s) and prompt customer service.

Thanks again to you and all the forum members that have helped me with my posts/questions Much appreciated.

Comment

G.Skill memory rocks!
              I've had a bunch of it and they never let me down. And you just can't beat the price, performance and after sales support.

Some of my fondest G.Skill Kits;

The HZs (wow good stuff)
              The PIs (wow good stuff)

This new DDR3 2000 Ripjaw kit is pretty sweet too
              MSI Big Bang xPower x58
              Intel i7 950
              GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
              Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
              Corsair TX950W