F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM / GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 / i5 760

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM / GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 / i5 760

Hello! I am new to the forums but not new to G.Skill. I'm on my 3rd build with G.Skill RAM and love it. This is my first venture into Intel building, however. I have 4GB of F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM and am looking to O/C the 2.8GHZ i5 760 to 4.0GHZ. I've browsed the guides and forum posts, but wanted to verify everything for my specific setup (as I wasn't satisfied with the results of my search).

Would you recommend just leaving the 1600 8-8-8-24 at stock speed/timings? Should I enable the XMP profile or set everything up manually? Thanks for any and all comments!

Well, you should always set the memory to its rated spec. Then you can overclock or whatever from there. XMP sets the memory to its rated spec, but if you know what you are doing, just use manual settings. Either way doesn't matter as long as the settings input are correct for your target.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

^ +1 for GSkill Tech.

I only recommend XMP under two conditions;

1. You're having problems and can't get it the memory to run any other way
      2. You're not going to play around with blck or cpu overclocking

If you're going to do any overclocking on the n/b, cpu/ motherboard I highly recommend that you manually configure your memory settings.
      MSI Big Bang xPower x58
      Intel i7 950
      GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
      Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
      OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
      WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
      WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
      Corsair TX950W
      Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Working...
      X