Need help adjusting the speed on my Ripjaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help adjusting the speed on my Ripjaws

Just bought the following items less than a week ago, would like some insight on how to properly adjust the speed on them...

-MSI 870A-G54 Motherboard
    -AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE C3
    -2x2gb G.Skill Ripjaw F3-12800CL9D

The board auto adjusts the speed to 1366mhz in bios, if someone with some knowledge can provide steps to adjusting the ram speed to 1600 properly?

Thanks in advance

In your BIOS, go to Cell Menu, and from there, go down to FSB/DRAM ratio and change that to manual. Then adjust the DRAM frequency to 1600.

Now go to Advance DRAM configuration above and go in DRAM Timing Mode. Here, your manual does not show me the screen so I can only tell you to set CAS latency to 9, RAS to CAS delay to 9, RAS precharge to 9 and RAS Cycle Time to 24. Usually, these are the first 4 settings on that menu, but it could differ, so check it yourself. Go back one menu, and set Memory Timing to 2T.

Go back to Cell Menu and go down even more and change the CPU/NB voltage to 1.2V, set DRAM Voltage to 1.5V.
    Last edited by mrcmtl; 09-30-2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

thanks for the fast response, i set the timing and frequency to the ones you said and checked back on CPU-Z however its all showing different results.. so heres what i did in BIOs

and i also set the ratio from auto to 1:4 so it changes to 1600mhz, i also set the CPU-NB to 1.2v.. as for DRAM v i had to leave it at auto because the next increase or decrease would be below or above 1.5v

heres what CPU-Z is showing me after the changes

Comment

What options you have in DRAM Timing Mode? And also, in what slots did you put your memory?

Comment

Under Dram timing mode, I have Auto//DCT 0//DCT 1//BOTH

I curently have the ram in slots 3 and 4, my aftermarket cool kind of gets in the way of slot 1 and half of slot 2... although if I tried hard enough I can fit them in slot 1 and 2... I know I should of probably put them in slots 1 and 2 but I figured since everything fired up and posted the first time I though it would be okay

Comment

not sure if this helps but under Memory Information, it looks like this

Comment

Put BOTH for DCT. See what CPU-Z reports.

Comment

it looks like the settings have been changed correctly.. can you please confirm? heres what its showing now

Comment

All good, now just use your system and test for stability.

Comment

nice thanks alot

should i run Prime95 on blend? how long should i let it run until i know its fully stable?

Comment

Depends on you. If I have time, I'd go for 8h. Otherwise, I'd let it for 2h and I use the system for a while. If nothing pops up, I consider it stable.

Comment

kk sounds good thanks again

Comment

You're welcome, enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                          X