Ram Config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Config

Built this new system last month and been toying with it a bit..have ripjaw 1600 on an asus m4a89td pro/usb3 motherboard, ripjaw model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH . the drive strength options are something i hadnt seen before as a bios option until i got this board. was wondering if someone could give me a url link, or a quick answer on drive strength settings for this setup? one thing i do notice is that the motherboard defaults all the drive strength options at mid strength. ie. if options are from 1.0 strength to 2.0 strength the mobo will default it at 1.5 . i'm wondering if this is optimal, and if not what is? thankyou

I don't think you need to play with drive strength, only DRAM timing configuration.

Comment

i'd like to have this question answered then; if i max out all the drive strength settings, is there any possibility for hardware damage? thankyou.

Comment

i bought your product and i even gave you people great marks on newegg. how bout answering my simple question, can you do any harm to the computer's hardware by toying with drive strength settings?

Comment

Not really, but I don't see why you would be interested in doing so if you didn't know already.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Normally, you just leave drive strength to its default values and it doesn't cause any damage to the hardware itself.

Quote from Lost circuit website:

"
            DRAM Drive Strength (Normal Drive)

Similar as in the case of the memory I/O buffers, the memory controller can adjust the drive strength according to overall system memory load. That is, with higher system memory density and consequently more memory chips that need to be driven by the controller, higher drive strength is necessary. However, other parameters also play into this setting as, for example, the specific resistor configuration on the memory PCB. For most memory modules, the best value is "normal".

Comment

Working...
            X