Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7-2GBECO SPD memory profiles

Hello,

I was wondering why the profiles in this module is configured rather strangely?

685mhz setting has higher voltage and latencies than the 800mhz setting? Is there a reason for this?

Thanks,
    Evren

More than likely it is an issue with the way the BIOS/Board is reading the SPD information from the RAM. Double check and make sure that you are running the latest BIOS released for your motherboard. If not download and flash to the latest BIOS.

Even then you may have to manually configure your BIOS options to the correct settings for your memory.
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

I have the newest bios and I checked using cpu-z as well. I could put a screenshot but it appears that in this forum one can not upload pictures?

But from where can I find the correct values since there is no detailed information about all the values available for each speed?

BTW, the 800mhz setting is using XMP profile and 688mhz and lower settings use jedec profiles... would that make a difference?

Comment

Yes it would make a difference. And preferably you want to use the settings provided in the XMP SPD profiles programmed by GSkill.

High performance memory often operates outside of the spec profile provided by jedec.
        MSI Big Bang xPower x58
        Intel i7 950
        GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
        Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
        OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
        WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
        WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
        Corsair TX950W
        Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Only the XMP Profile applies to the memory, the rest are basically garbage and do not apply because this module is surely not close to JEDEC standards.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X