F3-1066CL9D-4GBPK and Asus M4A88T-M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1066CL9D-4GBPK and Asus M4A88T-M

There wasn't a single Gskill 4gb set on the QVL list for this MoBo. So, I ended up with this:

Asus M4A88T-M
    F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL
    AMD Athlon II X4 635
    Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALS 1TB

All the RAM settings in BIOS are set to [Auto] right now. It works well of a Ubuntu Live USB.

Originally, I did an install with ext4 disc format. It wouldn't boot, and I received a "Kernel Panic - Not Syncing! Attempting to kill init" error.
    I went back to the live USB and there was some weirdness with the partition table. I deleted most of the partitions, the swap wouldn't delete.

I went back to my Live USB and found that I couldn't read the HDD. I re-installed, this time using ext3. It booted fine at first. After waiting an hour for all the packages to update, (including a new kernel) I had to reboot. I again received the "Kernel Panic" error.

I ran memtest86+ which returned no errors. Then started looking at the HDD. Turns out this was due to a failed HDD which I'm switching out now.

I'd still like to know the correct settings, or should I just leave everything to auto.
    Last edited by jcollierdavis; 09-27-2010, 05:27 PM.

Everything should be AUTO, this kit is within standard, so it can plug and play.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X