Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Toshiba M645-s4048 and Gskill F3-10600CL9D-8GBSQ

Hello,
    I have a new Toshiba laptop as listed above that came with 4 gig 2x2 gig memory, and I ordered some 8 gig 2x4gig sticks as listed above..

I stuck the 8 gig in, Machine boots into bios just fine, but if I try to boot into win7 64, or boot from a cd or dvd, the machine just hardlocks with a cursor in the upper left corner.

Laptop has the latest bios, and I`ve tested the memory with memtest to check for bad memory, all passed overnight tests just fine..

Heres were it gets weird.. If I stick in a 2 gig stick of ram, and one of the 4 gig sticks, the machine boots into windows, but if I stick in just 1 four gig stick or both four gig sticks it hardlocks when its supposed to start loading windows or boot from cd..

I can get into the bios and play around, or let the machine sit for hours in the bios with one or both 4 gig sticks installed....

Anybody have any ideas?? Thanks!

That's very odd, on your G.Skill memory, do you have 4 chips on each side or 8?

You may want to try F3-10666CL9D-8GBSQ instead

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

8 chips per side

Comment

Your laptop may require a module with 4 chips on each side. Otherwise, I don't see why this memory would not work.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I am having the exact same issue, M645-S4070 laptop. I have not tested out other memory yet but it's probably a BIOS issue.

Comment

I have already tried F3-10666CL9D-8GBSQ and returned it thinking I purchased the incorrect speed for my laptop. There are no new BIOS updates available for M645s as of yet. Will contact Toshiba for more information.

Comment

Returned the laptop and picked up a new one, issue still persists. Calling Toshiba on Monday.

Comment

same problem

I have the exact same laptop, and purchased the F3-10666CL9D-8GBSQ ram, same exact problem. It recognizes it in the bios, but after the bios it just freezes with a flashing cursor. Putting 1 of the original in with 1 of these allows it to boot.

The original ram has the same # of chips per side as these do.

Anything Gskill can do for this, or should I just return the RAM as incompatible?

Comment

I did contact Toshiba about this, they want me to send in a 2 week old laptop for repairs. Not wasting my time.

I don't know if it's a issue with memory in general, or just the compatibility between gskill's memory and this specific laptop. I don't have any other memory on me to test.

Comment

Sounds like it is a BIOS issue, so we will need to contact Toshiba to see if they can assist us with this problem. I would suggest returning the memory first so you don't get stuck with them.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

GSKILL TECH

Comment

Too bad they charge a 15% restocking fee...

Comment

Call them directly, they may be able to waive that.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Finally works, new bios!

Toshiba has posted a new bios on January 6th that now allows this memory to work!

Version: 1.60
                          Size: 7,107,081 bytes
                          Posted: 01/06/11
                          Released Date: 12/13/10

Comment

Great, let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Lucky you! Toshiba is apparently a good manufacturer, some other laptop makers don't even think twice about helping with this issue.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X