Before I buy: CPU/motherboard compatibility check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I buy: CPU/motherboard compatibility check

Before I purchase, will the following be compatible?

F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

AMD Athlon II X3 445 Rana

Thanks in advance.

Absolutely, should work great.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

@ GSkill tech:
        Just to piggy-back on 1200x2's question. If I elected to add another 2x4GB set of the F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL to this config down the road, should I expect any issues with the two sets not being matched (4x4GB)?

@1200x2:
        I'm thinking about ordering the same setup. Did you end up getting this configuration? If so, any issues with stability, BSOD's, etc?

Thanks guys!

Comment

yep, i did go with this configuration.

the only issue i had was when trying to unlock the 4th core. doing so would prevent a successful boot. probably just a bad core, as it's perfectly stable with the core unlocker turned off.

Comment

bwpotter,

It is possible to have issues, but many are successful as well, it really just depends on the particular modules you get and your original kit.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

OK... thanks for the feedback GSKILL TECH!

Since I posted my original question, I've decided to upgrade slightly: getting ready to order the ASUS CrossFire IV M/B with a Phenom II X6 1055T processor and your G.SKILL Flare 4GB (2 x 2GB) Model F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS kit. I debated about these sticks verses the 2x4GB Flare modules but I need to try and be a good boy and stick to a budget!

I imagine your last answer basically applies to this scenario as well if I decided to add another F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS kit down the road?

Thanks... Brian

Comment

Yes, but also because it is a high performance kit, your CPU may not be able to fully support the rated specifications with 8GB.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Is there any CPU that would work better, say a Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition or is it just the nature of running all four slots?

Thx...

Comment

Same, it is just AMD. They are still a little behind on memory controlling compared to Intel. But they are much cheaper... so you get what you pay for. It is the nature of using all slots. Even Intel, there will be a max too, but just higher than AMD.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X