Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H Rev 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H Rev 2.0

Hello and thank you for welcoming me to the G.Skill Forum.
    I am currently building a system based on a Phenom II x4 955 and a Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H Rev 2.0 motherboard. I am trying to see if it's possible to get a 2x4g set that can run DDR3/1600 or DDR3/1800. What set do you recommend and how should I set my BIOS settings to achieve these speeds? Thanks in advance!

To be honest, it isn't a "must" to do it will 2 dimms. Can I run 8g @ ddr3/1600 using 4 dimms? Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Yes, you will simply need to raise CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V since the memory controller will be overloaded.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Is there a recommendation on a particular set of 1600ddr3?

Comment

Our RipJaws are very good and so are the NQ, so any DDR3-1600 CL8 or CL9 will be perfect.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Our RipJaws are very good and so are the NQ, so any DDR3-1600 CL8 or CL9 will be perfect.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            I hope I'm the exception - because I see a lot of great reviews on the Ripjaws series - but I'm having a LOT of trouble getting Ripjaws working properly on this exact motherboard.

Comment

If a certain combo works for person 1 up to person 99, it doesnt mean the 100th person will also have no troubles. There is always exceptions in electronics. Also, even if two persons have the same RAM and motherboard but different CPUs, one of them might not work because a CPU might be really picky.

Just be patient on your part chdude3, I'm sure GSKILL will do something for you. At worst, it'll be an RMA.

Comment

We are trying to get to everybody as soon as we can. It is that time of year again, so we will be busy and possibly a little slower than usual.

chdude3,

Check your thread, we'll get it working in a bit. =)

Thanks for the patience
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X