help f3-12800cl8d-4gbrm & asus m4a89gtd pro usb3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help f3-12800cl8d-4gbrm & asus m4a89gtd pro usb3

what?s the best stable config for this combo...

mother asus m4a89gtd pro usb3
    micro phenom ii x6 t1055
    ram f3-12800cl8d-4gbrm

thanx!!

sorry for my english, i speak spanish...

Simply configure memory settings in BIOS.

DDR3-1600
    tCL 8 - tRCD 8 - tRP 8 - tRAS 24
    1.60V

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I am running identical memory and motherboard but with a Phenom II X4 965 125W CPU

I was told by another tech to run this memory at DRAM 1.5v

Currently I am running at 225 FSB and the RAM clocks at 1500 MHz and 1.5250v. This is with no adjustment to the CPU-NB voltage or the timings (which this mobo defaults to 9-9-9-24). This also overclocks my CPU from 3.4 GHz to 3.83 GHz. I may stick with this profile if it proves stable through the Prime95 test it is currently 12 hours into.

However, I still have not been able to get it to run stable at the native 1600 MHz, and that bothers me. I will continue to tweak, but it seems to me my best bet is to change everything in the AI Tweaker menu back to Auto, reboot, and then go from there to change the following settings:

DRAM Frequency to 1600 MHz
      DRAM Timings to 8-8-8-24
      CPU-NB Voltage Offset +.1v
      DRAM Voltage 1.5v (the mobo defaults to 1.6v at 1333 MHz)

I am still unclear how to address the DRAM voltage. Is this something that I should set to 1.5v and increase the voltage incrementally to check stability or should it just be set to 1.6v and be done?

Comment

If its specced to run at 1.5V, then 1.5V should be fine.

To raise your CPU/NB, its not the offset option. You have to set CPU & NB Voltage Mode to manual and you can then set the CPU/NB voltage.

Comment

I have this Ram, the blue heatsinks right? On the case they came in they are specced to run at 1.6v.

I have them in a Crosshair IV Formula in the 2 black slots running at rated 1600mhz stable.

Cpu is a Phenom II x6 1055t.

Can you enable the XMP profile for the ram in your bios?

Check the box the ram came in and see if it also says on there that it needs 1.6v

Mine is the exact same model number so I am pretty sure it's 1.6v although the motherboard auto-set it at 1.5v when i first installed it, and set the ram to 1333mhz

On my motherboard its AI Overclock Tuner set to D.O.C.P then choose Profile #1

I imagine yours would be along those lines, if not could you please post some screens of your BIOS so we can see what options you have.

Good luck

Edit: also the timings I have are 8-8-8-24-1T, the xmp profile is 2T but it runs and is 100% stable on my system at 1T
          Last edited by YZF_R1ch; 09-25-2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks to all for the help (especially mrcmtl for clarifying the correct setting). I seem to have finally gotten everything correct.

Currently the machine is about 8 hours into another Prime95 test running at 1600 MHz using the following settings:

CPU reset to stock speeds
            DRAM Frequency 1600 MHz changed from 1333 MHz
            DRAM Timings 8-8-8-24-1T changed from 9-9-9-24-2T
            DRAM Voltage 1.5v changed from 1.6v
            CPU/NB Voltage 1.2v changed from 1.1v

I will try running the RAM at these settings when I tweak my CPU OC.

To YZF:
            They are the blue heatsinks
            The packaging mine came in specified 1.5v - I double checked
            Running in M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 with Phenom II X4 965 125W
            Very strange you said that yours are spec'd 1.6v and the mobo defaulted 1.5.v because mine did exactly the opposite defaulting to 1333 MHz
            I tried the XMP profile previously with no success - the ones I tried pretty much all failed POST and none booted Windows
            The first GSKILL tech I spoke with confirmed 8-8-8-24-1T timings should work fine - I had pretty much everything but the CPU/NB voltage correct first go around at this back in April. I gave up on it for a while, but glad that I posted and got the help I needed.

Lastly, can any tell me what kind of temperatures I should look out for when running these sticks? I'm not worried about it since they sit about 87F/30C at idle and barely rise to 100F/38C at load, but I would like to know at what temp I should set the alarm just in case.
            Last edited by JARblue; 09-25-2010, 05:12 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Here is where i bought mine from

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...=8&subcat=1517

It says tested at 1.65v but on the packaging it came in was 1.6v, oh well, runs with 1.6v stable so not too worried.

Temps I'm not sure about, my PC could be on all day ranging from things like benchmarking, stress testing, heavy gaming etc and these RAM sticks barely get above "cold".

Then I have massive amounts of air cooling with a CM Storm Sniper case and a few extra fans here and there.

I would class 8hrs of Prime95 as stable!! Enjoy your new build!!

Comment

Since you have a Black Edition processor, you can overclock the CPU by turning up the multiplier, don't touch the HTref. With your CPU/NB at 1.2V, you can freely set your NB frequency to 2.6Ghz for extra performance.

Comment

I meant to post responses to you guys sooner, but you know... life.

yzf - thank you for repeating 1.6v as I re-checked the packaging for the correct RAM this time and found that it does indeed say 1.6v.

mrcmtl - a simple manual key in of 20.0 for the CPU Ratio gave me a no-hassle 4 GHz OC. I did not mess with the NB frequency as I am not sure what setting it would be. I didn't want to mess with HT Link Speed but it was the only setting I found with 2600 MHz as an option. Other than DRAM, the only other frequency was the CPU/NB Frequency which is at 4000MHz on Auto with the 20.0 multiplier (hence the 4.0 GHz OC). Do you know which setting I should address?

*edit* the only other thing I can think you might be referring to would be the CPU Bus Frequency, but that's just the FSB (100-600 MHz).

CPU-Z Validation link below
                  http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1411690
                  Last edited by JARblue; 09-28-2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

In your BIOS, its called CPU/NB frequency and is right below DRAM Frequency(if I follow your manual), you should be able to increase it to at least 2600Mhz. Leave HT link speed as it is.

Comment

The CPU/NB Frequency has options to be set over 4000MHz. I set it to 2600 with no troubles. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                      X