Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant get F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ to run at 1600, help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant get F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ to run at 1600, help please!

Hi,

I recently successfuly overclocked my CPU AMD Phenom X4 B50, now I want to run my RAM at 1600 as it was supposed to be ran.

I tried alot now and I'm in need of your assistance.

Let me show you these two screenshots which tell everything you need to know:

I hope you understand the first screenshot, which is in my opinion stupid at the first look, but it clearly shows all of the options available on overclocking and RAM settings.

I changed the numbered settings in the first screenshot like these according to CPU-Z:

1:800MHz DDR3_1600
    2:9
    3:9
    4:9
    5:25
    6:40

With these settings it isn't in any way, overclocked CPU or not, STABLE. I don't know any more options to try. Please assist me on how to run my RAM at 1600. You got ALL the settings you need from my BIOS on the picture.

Regards,
    Luka

Set overclock mode to Manual. You need to be able to increase CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V. Default factory voltage will not be sufficient for DDR3-1600. Once you increase this it should stabilize 800MHz (DDR3-1600).

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tried Manual overclock mode and it didn't work.

Theres no such thing in my bios as CPU-NB voltage. Only NB voltage, you can see for yourself on the screenshots. When I choose NB voltage it says something about built-in processor northbridge controller voltage, so that must be it or am I mistaken? Tell me precisely what should I change on that screenshots, because I really dont have anything about CPU-NB.

Comment

Change your HT voltage from "Auto" to 1.40v
        Change your CPU VDDA voltage from "Auto" to 2.56v

If these changes don't fix things try changing the following (in addition to the voltage settings above)

TRRD = 7
        TRC = 42

Retest
        Last edited by wevsspot; 09-09-2010, 06:31 AM.
        MSI Big Bang xPower x58
        Intel i7 950
        GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
        Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
        OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
        WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
        WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
        Corsair TX950W
        Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

May not be capable with that CPU then, so you will want to use DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 timings.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Tried those settings, didnt work. Tried everything on stock, except those 2, didnt work.

Tried my RAM on my brothers PC with EVERY settings there is on stock, >>WORKED<< for 1 hour on memtest. He got same CPU (unlocked to quad) except it isnt Black Edition, and motherboard is MSI 770-C45.

Please assist me, don't tell me CPU is the problem or anything. The problem must be in the settings (even though my brother has everything on stock and its working flawlessly) or the motherboard is defect, which I doubt, because I overclocked CPU and its working flawlessy too :S.

Please assist me

Regards,
            Luka

Comment

Working...
            X