Need help on RAM Speed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on RAM Speed.

Hello, well i'm kinda new to all of this and i recently just built my first own computer. Here are my system specs so you can help me on this.

Now what is doesn't say is what my memory is. I have a 4GB Trident PC3 16000 set. Its at the stock frequency of 1066mhz in the bios. How do I get it to the 2000mhz that it should be at. Remember I'm new at all of this so please go step by step how to do it. Thanks.

Enable XMP profile under Ai Overclock Tuner. Then trial and error test to find the lowest stable value for QPI/DRAM Voltage. This is different from CPU to CPU, so only you can test for this. I do not have a voltage that just works for everybody, but I can tell you the average i7 930 CPU requires around 1.40V-1.60V

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Enable XMP profile under Ai Overclock Tuner. Then trial and error test to find the lowest stable value for QPI/DRAM Voltage. This is different from CPU to CPU, so only you can test for this. I do not have a voltage that just works for everybody, but I can tell you the average i7 930 CPU requires around 1.40V-1.60V

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Alright. Ill do that and see what happens. Why should i find the lowest stable? like i have it at 1.55 now and its stable. but 1.40 gets BSOD at windows is starting screen.
      Last edited by zi3m; 09-08-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Too low or too high can both cause problems. So you just want to find the precise stable voltage. What I mean by lowest is trying not to overvolt too much. 1.55V you said is stable for you, so there is no need to set to 1.60V, even though that may work stable as well.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Alright. Thank you! It is already faster with programs and such. Now if i upgrade to lets say 6 or 8 GB, Would I need to change anything in the bios since its at 2000mhz now?

Comment

You will need to increase/tweak the QPI/DRAM Voltage again. That's all.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Alright, easy enough. Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
              X