No announcement yet.

1090t + crosshair iv +flare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, problem is definately with my mobo. Both sticks test fine at 2000 on slot 1, but both crash immediately on slot three. Now I'm in a bind, Asus says to use slot 1/3 for dual channel, not 2/4, which I haven't tested yet. They also only list it as good for ddr 1866 OC, they don't say 2000, even though there are profiles for it in the bios. Are they going to RMA this board for me? This really sucks as I am going to be down for a good month, and I'll probably get nailed a pile of money in shipping....sigh.

Whats your take on this gang?

Comment

Test the black slots as I stated previously

Comment

OK, so I figured I'd try the black slots, got a crash right away, removed a stick from slot 4, still crashed. Tried the other stick in slot two and it ran, so put the second stick in slot 4 (confused yet?) and its running fine, I have 6 windows of memtest open and its crunching away at 7-9-7-24 no problems, no errors. I'm still wondering if I should try to RMA this board....

Comment

I'm not sure why you would be considering sending the board in for an RMA. The memory standard for your cpu is;

Dual Channel PC3-10667U (DDR3-1333) for 2 Module, Dual Channel PC3-8500U (DDR3-1066), Dual Channel PC2-8500U (DDR2-1066)

As I said in a previous post, Asus specifically tells you in your owners manual that you'll need to use the Red Slots (dimm 2 and dimm 4) for overclocking memory.

How we got off on the black slots I'll never know. But as it stands right now you've got the memory in the correct slots, running at it's rated speed and timings. To me that sounds golden.....................
          MSI Big Bang xPower x58
          Intel i7 950
          GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
          Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
          OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
          WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
          WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
          Corsair TX950W
          Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

OK, there is some confusion here. They are not running in the red slots at advertised speeds, they are currently running in the black slots. Slots 1 and 3 are the red slots. If I run any of the sticks in slot 3 (red) at specs, it crashes immediately on memtest, and sometimes doesn't even boot.

Comment

So bottom line, it's running fine both of them in the black slots?

Comment

LOL! NOPE! I thought so, but running prime I kept getting hardware failure, even down to 13x250 (3.2). So I went back to memtest, and got a failure after about 10 minutes. Back down to checking them one at a time in black slots

Comment

I'm lost at this point. The only slot that will consistantly accpet the memory at 2000-7-9-7-24 is slot 1. Slots 2-3 and 4 will let it boot sometimes, sometimes it won't even boot and I get the dram light blinking on the board. When it does boot, I go into windows normally, run memtest and invariably get a crash soon after. If I run either stick in slot 1, they seem to have no problems. Where do I go from here?

Comment

Try a new motherboard. The memory should work fine in slots A1 + B1 (red).

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well, I gave up on the 2000 for now, but I selected the ddr 1866 profile and things so far look alot more stable. I am currently testing 17.5x233 for a clock of 4.09ghz, and I've got my vore down to 1.4250, and prime has been running for about 20 minutes without a hiccup. gonna leave it on a few hours and see where we end up

Comment

I think that sounds like a fair compromise and a great overclock on your CPU for 24/7 use. Congratulations!
                        MSI Big Bang xPower x58
                        Intel i7 950
                        GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
                        Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
                        OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
                        WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
                        WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
                        Corsair TX950W
                        Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Working...
                        X