ASRock 890FX Deluxe3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 890FX Deluxe3

I have been building a system around the ASRock Deluxe3 motherboard and the Phenon II x3 720 2.8GHz CPU. The RAM I have chosen is F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL. I have ordered 4 of these and was wondering if there are any issues with these RAM sticks and the Stepping C2 version of the AM3 CPU.

Any particular BIOS settings that I might want to change? Recommended settings?

Thanks,
    Bill

There are numerous compatibility problem reports with many types of ram and motherboards running the C2 revision AMD processors. Your mileage may vary.

Most of the reports revolve around random BSODS, application hangs, passing memtest one time and then failing another.
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Thanks

I went ahead and ordered a 1055T X6 CPU.......

Bill

Comment

The 720 is capable of operating that memory, but since you bought the hex core already, you will just be able to utilize the new CPU for better/faster processing.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I've just purchased the ASRock 890FX Deluxe3, Phenom II x3 740, and GSkill F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT, similar to the OP above. However, I haven't upgraded to the x6.

I'm still waiting on some parts for my new system, but doing some research. Can you go ahead w/ the suggestions for configuring this system?

Also, I think I read in a different thread, but to confirm: These DDR3 issues only arise w/ the C2 revisions of the CPU, correct?

Comment

You do not have to worry too much about C2 version with DDR3-1333 compatibility
            DRAM overclocking to above 1600 only need to worry about

Comment

Working...
            X