Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I RMA this ram? Tried Everything...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I RMA this ram? Tried Everything...

Hi,

I have been having instability issues ever since purchasing my new system about 1 month ago. I believe I have established the cause to be the gskill ram, (1600mhz PC12800 CL8D-4GBRM)

My system specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965be (rev.3)
    Cooler: CM Hyper 212+
    MOBO: Asus M4A89TD PRO/USB3
    RAM: Gskill Ripjaws F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM
    GPU: ASUS EAH5850 DirectCu
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3
    ODD: Liteon DVD Burner
    PSU: Antec Truepower 750W
    CASE: CM Storm Scout

I have tried the ram set at 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 2t 1.60v, 'default' 1333 settings', then i read on another post that i may have to set my nb/cpu voltage offset to +0.1, so i did that, and tried manually entering it at 1.20, I also tried a dram voltage of 1.65.

All of these setting provided bsods, mostly 100007e errors on win7 64 bit.

Most recently i tried a format, and still had bsods with the OS and only the most recent drivers off the web installed. Also my bios is the latest version.

Nothing else has been overclocked while trying to obtain stability.

I had been seeking help from an australian tech site, please refer to this thread for a history.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...92&p=-1#bottom

I bought my ram from umart.com.au and still have the invoice and original ram packaging.

Can a gskill tech please confirm it is time to rma my ram? Or is there any last thing i can try? Should i try a different ram manufacturer if umart will allow? Or is this a once off fault?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Danny

Have u ran any memtest?

Comment

sorry i forgot to mention.... lots of memtest errors....

any time i get a bsod or weird crashes in windows i restart and run memtest86+ and always get fails around the 23% mark. also windows mem diagnostic gives errors too.

Though sometimes, but not always if i get errors, i can press the clear cmos button on my board and reset my memory timings and voltages manually and this sometimes fixes the error for a few hours or days.

Comment

again this morning crashing and memtest errors, both at 1600 and 1333. even though it was stable last night.

when i cleared my cmos and left everything default except dram voltage (1.60) it was stable again....

im going to take my ram back and exchange it for new sticks... hopefully that goes well!

EDIT: new ram has been in for 5 minutes... so far so good.... fingers crossed....
        Last edited by dannyism; 09-07-2010, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Send them in for new replacements. Sounds like there is a problem with the memory.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X