Help with DDR3 Memory for Intel DQ57TM Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with DDR3 Memory for Intel DQ57TM Board

Can the experts please tell me which 4GB memory would be compatible with this board? I would like to put two 4GB modules in this Intel DQ57TM motherboard for a total of 8GB.

I have found this part number F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL (kit of two 4GB), but not sure if it would be compatible. I want to make sure.

Futhermore, is it better to buy two single 4GB RAM modules, or a kit of two 4GB?

Please advise.

Thx

Confused and not very technical.

It is best to purchase the least amount of modules, so two 4GB sticks would be best.

Yes, that kit is the one you want..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=gskill%201333

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you GSKILL TECH!

Comment

Memory for Intel DQ57TM Dual Channel Mode

I purchased the memory suggested by GSKILL TECH from NewEgg per the link in this thread. Turns out this pair of RAM will not work successfully in dual channel mode in this motherboard. I rechecked the list of tested RAM on the Intel site and it says the module should have CL9S in the part number instead of CL9D. I don't know what the difference is but the CL9D modules have not worked on two separate DQ57TM boards. When the RAM is installed for dual channel operation the system begins to power up then shuts down then repowers and keeps repeating this until the power is removed. The system never POSTs or boots. I tried a pair of Kingston RAM from a working system and they work. So it is definitely the RAM. The G.Skill modules will work in single channel mode with modules in slot A0, or A0 and A1. As soon as A0 and B0 are installed the problem occurs. Would G.Skill exchange my 2 4GB modules for 2 that will work with my board in dual channel mode? Would welcome speaking with someone regarding this issue. Wasted half a day chasing this problem.
        Thanks,
        tekmgmt

Comment

Make sure you have the latest BIOS.

To have your memory replaced, please complete our online RMA procedures: http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X