Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evga nForce 790i SLI + these memory kits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evga nForce 790i SLI + these memory kits.

I have an EVGA nForce 790i SLI Board.

I purchased F3-10666CL9T-6GBNQ G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model . This is triple channel RAM my board is dual channel so i knew right off the get go i would have issues. But to my understanding you can run triple channel ram as dual + single so it shouldn't be the end-all be-all. However after replacing my ram with the gskill, i started getting system lockups. This was about a week ago now. I've been reading all the threads here on the forums to see if i was missing anything. Did all the voltages and timings and whatnot, but still had the same error. It wasn't frequent, however, once or twice in an 8 hour time span. But still annoying.

So I placed an RMA on the ram, because all 3 sticks were testing positive and i couldn't figure out for the life of me what was going on with it. I decided to replace them with G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL. (These are on sale atm on newegg, excellent deal if i might say so myself)

So here I ask, i'll be receiving the ram soon, is there anything i should be weary off when trying to install this ram into my evga nforce 790i SLI board?

My specs:
    EVGA nForce 790i SLI
    Intel Core 2 Quad 3.0ghz
    EVGA geforce 285gtx
    G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x 4gb)
    850w Coolmax PSU
    Last edited by alexr3089; 09-03-2010, 09:48 AM.

Nope, should be plug and play.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X