Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant get F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ to run at 1333

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P
    Memory: F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ (They are rated for 1600Mhz @ CL 9-9-9-24, and 1.5V)
    CPU: i7-930

I lowered my BCLK to 133 and raised the memory multiplier just to ensure it wasn't the CPU causing the issues.

So far I've tired raising my QPI to 1.30 setting Ram to 1.64v, then Dram termination and all the vref's too 0.82v and loosened the timings to 10-10-10-24. That didn't work, so i tried 10-10-10-25 2t and that also didnt work. I tried the XMP profile and that didnt work ether. Any suggestions?

Edit:
    So, i thought it might be an issue with my motherboard's bios, i was running a beta version, so i switched to a previous version and still no luck, also tired a newer beta version and it was also no good. Also i though i should add this, for some reason once in a while when i boot, I'm missing 2gb of ram, i understand this is fairly common, but it sounds like most people just have to let their machine power cycle a few times and the 2gb will come back, mine isnt doing that, it will just go in a loop, keeps restarting, i ended up having to power everything off, and remove the ram, then put it back in to get it to read all 6gb, seems a little strange.

I'm able to run these at 1146MHz 8-8-8-21-1t with 1.5v and 1.22 QPI/VTT, so I really don't understand why they wont do 1333Mhz at 9-9-9-24-2t
    Last edited by Jelah; 08-30-2010, 02:21 PM.

Test them individually with the XMP Profile to see if one is causing problems.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sorry, i forgot to mention in my first post, i did try with each individual stick. Tried both the XMP profile and manual timings at 1333MHz (ram timings for 1333MHz on each stick were 9-9-9-24-2t/9-9-9-24-1t, 1.5v - 1.6v, QPI 1.30v-1.34v). I also had a random blue screen last night on my stable settings(Linx 25k problem 100 runs) running ram at only 1146MHz (9-9-9-24-1t, 1.5v) and when it rebooted it went in the recovering lost dram size loop again. I tried turning off the computer, turning off the psu, waited a bit, turned everything on again, and it still was missing the 2gb, so i removed the ram, put it back in, and i got the 2gb back. I did that mainly because from what i read most warm boot issues are caused by a bad psu, but like i said, removing the power and waiting a bit didn't help. After the bsod, I ran Linx for 50 runs on a 25k problem to make sure everything was still stable and it passed.

I ended up contacting tech support via email and explained the issue, they recommended i RMA the kit, and I'm just waiting to hear back from the RMA request now.

Comment

How long does it usually take for a response from an RMA request? I send it on the 31st, just want to make sure there isn't an issue with my request or something

My original question to tech support via email was responded to extremely fast, I'm really impressed with GSkill's customer service, last RMA i had to do was with Asus, and that was a nightmare
        Last edited by Jelah; 09-09-2010, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Please resend it and also forward to me ustech@gskillusa.com

RMA should respond within 1-2 days, it's already 8-9 days! =x

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for the help Got my RMA number on Friday, ill have it sent out this week.

Comment

Just an update, i got the ram today, popped it in, set XMP profile, and it booted with no issues, set QPI voltage a little too high for my liking, but other than that everything is perfect, is 100% stable with these settings:
              CPU running at 4.0
              ram running at 1528MHz
              timings are 9-9-9-24-1T @1.5v (might be able to tighten even, haven't tried yet though)
              QPI volts at 1.30V (haven't tried bringing it down from there yet)

Really appreciate the great customer service and speedy RMA department! Thanks again
              Last edited by Jelah; 10-04-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Fantastic, you should be able to bring down QPI Voltage a little bit, but if not, 1.30V is perfectly fine. 1.35V is the max Intel recommendation, and we all know that as long as we are within this the hardware will not be damaged. ;-)

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sorry, i think i worded that a little funny, when i set XMP profile and left volts on auto it set to 1.44, but after setting everything up manually, everything is stable with my CPU running at 4.2GHz and ram running at 1600MHz with low voltage all around Very happy with this ram now that its working properly

Comment

Working...
                  X