Best config for Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 + F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best config for Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 + F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH

Hello, i recently replace my old motherboard and cpu for this "Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 + AMD Phenom II X3 720" and i have a gskill set "F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH" but i cant make the system stable, pc randomly freezes, can you help me ?

I would like to now, wich setts should i optimize in bios ?

i have the same issue, i'm pretty sure it just won't work with these asus motherboards. I have an Asus M4A88TD-v EVO.USB3 and I'm having random lock ups after 20-60minutes of use. bI have tried all kinds of settings. they just won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by bobloadmire View Post
      i have the same issue, i'm pretty sure it just won't work with these asus motherboards. I have an Asus M4A88TD-v EVO.USB3 and I'm having random lock ups after 20-60minutes of use. bI have tried all kinds of settings. they just won't work.
      I try them on a Asus M4A785TD-V EVO and the behavior are the same
      I try to adjust the more obvious specs but without better results

Thats why i'm asking for GSkill help ...

Comment

what exactly happens when your pc freezes. BSOD, restart, just still image?

Comment

Most of the times, restarts.

Comment

M4A89GTD Pro/USB 3 + F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM

I am running an ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 with F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM. The auto settings by the motherboard are perfectly stable, but the RAM is only running at 1333 MHz. After significant time spent tweaking timings and voltages, I still have not found stable timings at the native speed of 1600 MHz. Best result I got was an auto-regulated overclock by the motherboard that had my Phenom X4 965 running at 3.8 GHz and RAM at 1700+ MHz. However, it started giving me problems after 4 days of apparent stability. Most of the manual tweaking I did gave me only a few hours of uptime before problems began (mostly just random restarts). Six months after building the machine, I have pretty much given up trying to find the settings myself, but I will keep an eye on the forums in case someone else manages to figure it out.

Comment

Ok, all of you are having similar problems but not exactly.

JARblue, bobloadmore, try raising CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V as your CPUs may not be fully supporting the memory.

tntony55, same with you, except you attempting DDR3-2000, so you need to find the precise voltage your CPU needs at that memory frequency. It requires trial and error testing for DDR3-2000.

Keep me posted on the results so I can further assist you guys.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

have already tried raising vcore, nbv, and trying different slot combos and running the ram at DDR3 800. its all unstable.

Comment

My machine is currently 10 hours into Prime95 stability test and running at 3.83 GHz with the RAM clocking at 1500 MHz and 1.5250v. I have left the CPU-NB voltage alone as well as the memory timings (mobo defaults them to 9-9-9-24). It ran stable for over a week before I decided to run it through Prime95.

With adequate cooling and some CPU-NB adjusting (and maybe other tweaking too), do you think I can get my native 1600 MHz RAM to run stable at 1800 MHz? Or should I not even bother? Current readout on temp lead located on the RAM heatsink is 91F/32C. At what temp should I set an alarm for the RAM?

Comment

What is your Phenom II revision? C2 or C3. C2 might not get to 1600 stable while C3 will get around 1700-1800.

Comment

bobloadmire,

Send them in for new replacements, the new kit should work better.

JARblue,

Yes, raising the CPU-NB Voltage should help you reach DDR3-1600. As far as temp, I don't know what the max temp should be for that readout.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X