Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD when inserting dual channel Ripjaws 1600Mhz F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Hi

I am encountering a problem when using my dual channel RAMs. I get BSOD when I insert both rams at the same time (in slots recommended by Mobo) but when I use one ram at a time, it doesnt BSOD. Memtest passes when testing dual channels and single sticks after testing overnight.

Comp specs :
    Cpu : i5 750
    Mobo : P55a-UD3r

Everything is running at stock, hence rams are running at 666mhz with FSB-DRAM ratio at 2:10. Timings at 9-9-9-24 and CR1T.

Also I have tried to increase my voltage to 1.6v but its still having problems.

Can you please recommend me steps in resolving my issue?

Thanks.
    Last edited by jpwwong; 08-20-2010, 07:32 AM.

Have you tried both colored slots? Enable the XMP Profile and that should configure the memory for you. Also, make sure the motherboard BIOS is up to date.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have updated my BIOS to F10 - latest version. I have already tried inseting it into the different colored slots but it still has random BSODs.

I am reluctant to overclock my PC, and my RAM sticks shouldnt have any problems running at below spec speed of 1333MHz should it?

Does it sound like i have defective Ram sticks?

Thanks

Comment

The memory may be defective. You would need to test them individually to see which one it may be.

The memory should have no problems with DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V. Same with anything lower.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok tested it again, and definitely one of the RAM gives BSOD. Tested with one stick inserted (Stick A) and worked fine for a week without errors.

Proceeded to test with dual sticks and increased voltage or enabling XMP to bring clock speed up to 1600Mhz, still unstable.

Tested with Stick B, BSOD within a day. So its definitely STick B that is giving off the errors.

Funny thing is, memtest does not pick up any errors when sticks are individually tested or tested in dual channel. What gives?

Comment

Not sure, but go ahead and send that kit in for new replacements and the new kit should work better.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X