AMD 1090T + Crosshair IV = Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 1090T + Crosshair IV = Questions

Hi, I've got a few questions. I've got a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition CPU overclocked to 4.2GHz and the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula motherboard and I'm interested in replacing my current 8GB of RAM with RAM at the motherboard's supported limit of 16GB, so I have the following questions...

1. Is this 16GB 1600 set compatible with my CPU and motherboard?

2. After installing the RAM, how easy is it to set the timings and voltage and stuff in the BIOS? Any step-by-step procedure for doing this?

3. After setting the timings and voltage, will they be at 1600 or at a lower frequency?

4. As an alternative to the 1600, would anyone recommend this 16GB 2000 set instead? Is there a performance difference? Any benefits? More difficulty to set up?

Thanks!

1. Sure is, many people have this exact same setup since the colors match so well.

2. It is straight forward in BIOS. DRAM Frequency, change to DDR3-1600. Timings, set to 9-9-9-24, DRAM Voltage 1.50V, and that's it.

3. Well if you just change the timings and voltage, then of course frequency won't be changed. Once you adjust frequency, then the frequency will be changed. The BIOS will only operate what you set it to, never anything else.

4. DDR3-2000 is much more difficult to set up, even more so since it's 4 modules. Lots of voltage tweaking, trial and error will be required. Hypothetically speaking, of course performance would be better, but it is a performance level that is may be difficult to reach. You may end up operating them at DDR3-1600 because it's so difficult.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X