• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Bandwidth?

Model of the motherboard: MSI P55-GD65
    Model of the memory: See screen shot.
    Model of the CPU: Core i7 860

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8513/ramiv.jpg

Shouldnt the bandwidth be 12800 not 10700? How would I go about getting it to 12800 if so?

No, that is the max default for the motherboard. Check the memory tab, it should show 800MHz for DRAM Frequency and then the correc timings for the memory.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

So how would I push it up to 12800 to see if it will run stable?

Comment

You can't, that value is fixed. It is the standard of the motherboard.

The memory tab is what the memory is actually operating at. So as long as it states what I stated above.. it is operating correctly. The "max bandwidth" is not really max, it's just telling you that "AUTO" settings, the motherboard can only reach that high. Anything higher must utilize manual settings or the XMP Profile. That's why the timings table shows everything up to 6xxMHz, then there is XMP-1600. The XMP-1600 is what the computer uses for DDR3-1600, but if you manually set it to these values, it works just the same.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok and what about the voltage on these? On newegg there listed as 1.65v but on the box it says 1.5v. So what should I actually set the voltage to in my bios?

Also if the RAM reaches 1600 on its own with out XMP should I use XMP?

Comment

You did not list which specific model you have, but if the sticker says 1.50V, it should be that.

The RAM will not reach DDR3-1600 on it's own unless you overclocked the CPU a lot...

You don't necessarily need to use XMP, but just make sure memory settings are properly configured. Many people say they have it right, but they don't, so when they enable XMP, everything works fine.. So it just depends whether you set it right.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X