X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pi 1600 6-8-6-24

Hi guys,

Got 2x2gb of this ram and I love it

The question I have is I have run it at 1800 9-9-9-34 @1.76 but it wasn't a stable setting, my goal is to hit a 4ghz overclock with my 9550, what will be the magic numbers to get the ram to go 1:2 with a 475fsb??

It's for a once off bench and once achieved it'll be run at stock. Oh mobo is a p45t-extreme

edit: got the system to boot with 475fsb ( 6x multi so its just the ram oc'd )
    ram @ 1.6v 8-10-8-34 1900mhz
    NB @ 1.8v
    the rest manually set at stock so no "auto" hanky panky goes on

anything i should change or am i on the right track?
    Last edited by ben_charm; 08-10-2010, 02:12 PM.

i get the feeling this ram isn't popular or hasn't been played with that much.

not much info about oc'ing it on the net either

Comment

The memory is rated for 1.60V, so 1800 9-9-9-34 @1.76 doesn't seem too feasible.

This memory should scale something like DDR3-1900 8-9-8-27 1.65V

You are on the right track, you just need to find the right voltages to stabilize.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

thanks for the reply

have found out since i have a little problem with my mobo i need to sort out

i run a p45t extreme mobo and i get a C1 error ( memory detect ) during cold boot unless mobo default settings are allowed to boot.
        this will carry on until the computer has been on for a while, i can then restart and boot from my 400fsb settings, but not more than that and be stable.
        tried f5g beta bios, f4 bios and will try the f3 tomorrow.
        all voltages and ram timings have been tried.
        all slots with single stick only.
        different combos of dual sticks has been tried.

starting to pull my hair out :S
        Last edited by ben_charm; 08-13-2010, 05:38 AM.

Comment

So cold boot, 400FSB will not work? But after you restart a couple times it will work? Even one stick at a time has this problem?

If so, send them in for new replacements as you should not have this problem.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X