Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ on Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ on Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4?

Hey all,

I got a problem and I hope you all can help me out.

I bought a new computer, bought the pieces and assembled it myself.

I got a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 rev. 1.0 (Bios: F12) with 2 sets of F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (so, a total of 8 GB RAM).

I installed Windows 7 64bit, set it up, everything ran fine. Then this morning I tried to turn my PC on, it gets to the Windows loading screen with that flashy windows logo and then the PC just reboots. I tried messing around with the BIOS a little (setting QPI/Vtt Voltage to 1.31 etc), but nothing helped. I removed all RAM modules except one, didnt work either.

So I thought maybe its something with Windows. I reinstalled Win7 and everything worked again! Didnt install much yet, except Firefox, Videocard drivers, and the Windows updates. Restarted a few times, everything worked. After that I went to work, came back 8 hours later, started the PC ... you guessed it, it doesnt work anymore.

Do any of you guys have any idea? Could you give me some tips maybe for the BIOS settings? Maybe I sent something wrong. At the moment, everything is pretty much on AUTO.

Really looking forward to your help!!!

Best regards and thanks,

Michael

Processor is a Intel i7-860 if it helps.

Comment

No one got any idea?

Comment

Sorry for the late response.

Enable the XMP profile, that will set everything correctly for you.

If problem persists, send them in for new replacements.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi there,

I was afraid you were gonna say that. I already tried the XMP Profile and it didnt work.

I'm gonna do the whole RMA thing tomorrow (its almost midnight here at the moment). How does that actually work for me? I'm from Germany. I would assume shipping the RAM to Taiwan or the US is going to take a looooong time. Do you guys have places in Europe or even Germany as well?

Best regards and thanks for the help.

Michael

Comment

Did you test each module individually? If one performs differently than others, then you know surely the memory is causing problems.

Unfortunately we do not have a German RMA location, so it would need to be your original place of purchase (if they allow) or our Taiwan office.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi there again,

sorry for replying so late, but I was already in bed when you wrote last night.

I got a small update. I enabled the XMP Profile again and only installed 2x 2GB modules instead of all 4 modules. And so far it seems to run very stable!! No crashes, no BSODs.

What I will try again later on is install all 4 modules, enable the XMP profile and at the same time increase the QPI voltage a bit. I dont think I tried it in that combination yet. Maybe that can help?

Also, I got a question. When I enable the XMP profile it increases the RAM to 1600 instead of the 1333, which the CPU supports maximum. Is there any disadvantage to that actually apart from maybe increasing temperatures? Can it damage the RAM, CPU, or any other component?

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Well, first try the other set with XMP profile to make sure that kit is good too. Then you can put them together knowing that it most likely is the QPI/VTT Voltage that is insufficient.

No, DDR3-1600 is no problem at all. Only DDR3-2200+ can be damaging if not set correctly.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi guys,

just a quick update. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here, so if its again forum rules, just delete it.

First of all, thanks to G.Skill Tech Support for constantly replying to my thread and trying to help me. This is great customer service and I'm really impressed.

But, secondly, I'm gonna have to say that I went with RAM from a different manufacturer now. I tried the G.Skill RAM with all kinds of settings (XMP Profile, QPI/Vtt Voltage etc.), but nothing seemed to help. The RAM modules as such didn't seem to be damaged, as the system was running fine after the "solution" with pulling the power supply cord for 1-2 minutes. But to me, that's not really an acceptable solution. Sorry. As such, I didn't think RMAing the RAM would really fix the problem. To me it seems more like a compatibility issue with the motherboard.

With the 8GB RAM kit from the other manufacturer the system is running stable and fine now, without changing anything in the BIOS.

Again, thanks to you guys for trying to help me. And sorry that I'm kinda "deserting" G.Skill for now.

Best regards,

Michael

Comment

No problem, glad to hear your system is running smoothly.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X