No announcement yet.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM on Asrock 890gx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM on Asrock 890gx

Here is my current setup

CPU - AMD Phenom II x6 1090t @ 3240 mhz
    HT REF - 240
    CPU NB(IMC) - 2400 mhz 1.25V
    HT link - 2160 Mhz
    MOBO - ASrock 890GX Extreme 3 bios 2.40
    RAM Timing 7-8-7-24 40 2T

The ram I think is running ok. The problem is when I don't use my pc for about 8 hours or a day and when I boot it up my systems hangs and crashes.

I did a memtest 4.1 today 9 pass with no errors, also did occt linpack for 1 hour no errors. Then I turned my pc off for 4 hours but when I boot up in windows BSOD at once. i had to change the timings back at 8 8 8 24 and then back at 7 8 7 24.

Any advice for the timing 7 8 7 24?

or if I cant really ran my system on that timing ill use 8 8 8 24 but what CPU NB and volts should I use.

Thanks
    Last edited by mrcmark; 07-31-2010, 03:39 AM. Reason: typo

bump.

just did a prime blend 8 hour test no errors

Comment

even at 8 8 8 24 i get crashes when I boot up after I turn off my pc after serveral hours and turn it back on again. sigh.... (desktop manager has crashed)

Im now trying 1600mhz 1.603 v 9 9 9 24

my system is windows 7 64 bit professional.

hope this works...
      Last edited by mrcmark; 08-01-2010, 06:12 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Send them in for new replacements, sounds like the memory may be slightly defective. The new set should work much better.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you.

I get crashes even on cl 9 9 9 24 1.603V. Will send them today to the shop.

Comment

Ok got my Ripjaw RMA'd, now on 7 8 7 24 40 2T 1.603V CPU NB 2400mhz 1.2

will post if I have anymore errors. I hope this will be good now.
            Last edited by mrcmark; 08-03-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

fail

RAM speed 1600mhz
              Timing 7 8 7 24 - Trc 40 MA 2T everything else is auto(changed the trc also to 33)
              Volts 1.603

CPU AMD X6 1090T 3240mhz
              CPU HT ref - 240
              CPU-NB - 2400
              CPU-NB volts - 1.2

mobo Asrock 890gx bios 2.4
              Dual channel
              memory located at dimm 3 and 4

After I RMA'd my ram and tested the settings above using occt linpack for 3 hours (no errors) and turned off my pc for 10 minutes and boot it back up again. I experienced cashes, hangs and 2 BSOD.

will try raising the CPU-NB to 1.25 and 1.3 if that doesnt work will try raising RAM voltage to 1.645.

Comment

Review and success rate at newegg just helps me keep the faith in this modules.

@gskill tech

what's the max safe voltage for this memory?
                Last edited by mrcmark; 08-04-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Should not need more than 1.65V. If you would like, send the memory to us and we can test the replacement before shipping back to you. It is odd that your replacement set has problems as well. We will resolve this asap.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you.

Before I had a team elite DDR1333 1.5V cl9 on this mobo and had no issues. So im sure that the mobo is fine. That module is also for intel chipset.

Will play abit more of the settings above if all else fails. I will ship to you guys just as suggested.
                    Last edited by mrcmark; 08-05-2010, 08:01 AM. Reason: wrong info

Comment

Hello

I may have found the culprit with my system. I have undervolted my CPU volatge to 1.225. With that setting the recommended timing 8 8 8 24 is a no go even at 1333 9 9 9 24 I get hang ups and crashes (desktop manager has crashed)

I have changed the CPU voltage to 1.275 since my arock 890gx overvolts my cpu adding 0.04 to 0.06 underload. As of the moment (crossing fingers) I am not having any issues after I turn off and turn my system back up again.

Before I have a team elite DDR3 1333 CL9 1.5v kit and I don't have issues on that even though my CPU is undervolted.

Im wondering why is this?

Will post soon If I have any issues

CPU -AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3240mhz
                      CPU Voltage - 1.275V under load 1.328V (cpuz)
                      CPU NB - 2400mhz
                      CPU NB Voltage - 1.2V
                      HT ref - 240 (my system will not boot if I change the timings to 7 8 7 24 directly)
                      mobo - Asrock 890gx bios 2.4
                      RAM timings - 7 8 7 24 40 2T 1600Mhz

I hope I don't have anymore issues.
                      Last edited by mrcmark; 08-05-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

it seems that cool and quiet has something to do with my random crashes.

Comment

gave up

gave up

I dont blame the memory as this is a very good one. price/performance. no issues I believe when I disable cool and quiet and turbo core on my phenom x6 1090T. But I want those feature to work.

I've returned the ram and requested for a trident cl8 1600mhz. I know someone who has the same cpu and mobo and had no issues with that ram.

Comment

Yes, cool n quiet will have problems with any type of overclocking, so that must be disabled.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

even at default stock clock. as long as cool and quiet is enabled or turbo core my system was crashing.

got the 1600 trident cl8 replacement. this ram is slick. no crashes so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X