X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D Stability issues

Hi all

My set up is as follows

CPU = AMD Phenom II X4 965 (Black Edition)
    Motherboard = M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
    Memory = GSkill Ripjaw (F3-12800CL7D) 4x 2gb

I had a lot of issues trying to get the system stable, and it seems to be a RAM issue. I bought this RAM because it was on the QVL for my motherboard however on further investigation Gskill dont have this RAM to work(well) on my motherboard (strange).

I had left it set to defaults and had some blue screen/screen locks

Default was Auto voltage and frequency of RAM 800mhz timing 9/9/9/24

I have tried setting to Gskills specification for the memory 1600mhz 7-8-7 (but i believe my processor can only handle 1333 unless OC'd) so i also tried 1333mhz 7-8-7 with 1.6 volt set manual.

All these set ups have been unstable, sometimes leading to pc not booting/not shutting down/crashing etc.

I ran prime and after 1 hour it had a rounding error. Using 1333mhz 7-8-7 1.6v.

So i decided to take 2 modules out, reset bios to defaults and leave it as is and it seems to be running really smoothly (2 + hours prime no errors) and 4-5 days of usage and reboots no errors.

Currently testing the two modules i took out and perhaps i have a faulty module(will take a while to see this).

But perhaps there is an issue of using more than 2 modules. And If i want to Run at 1600mhz is there an overclock i can do on CPU.

Thanks for reading hope someone can help me get my system stable and utilising my 8gb of Ram. Any other information you need i will do my best to supply

Just an update.

I have tested all modules in different pairs etc. When working with 2 modules on default bios settings the system seems stable over 3 hours on prime and not one error.

So anyone know a solution to getting all 4 modules working (and if possible at 1600mhz).

Thanks

Comment

Try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V. Do you have the 125W CPU?

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

someone coiffure

I'll give 1.5 volts a try with all 4 modules (and timing you mentioned) I guess leave CPU-NB etc to Auto ?

Also yes it is the 125w version, but i should say i have a 1000watt Antec PSU so i don't think a lack of power is an issue if you were thinking this.

Thanks for getting back to me. Will try this now and hope for some miracle

Comment

Thanks for your help so far

Using 8-8-8-24 and 1.5v on DRAM has created a stable system (for now at least). I ran prime for over 4 hours and no errors.

Im suprised its working so well as we are under volting the ram (manual says 1.6-1.65v). For now Im happy will report back if i have any other issues.

Thanks again

Comment

Glad to hear. We are undervolting because it is running at DDR3-1333 not it's rated DDR3-1600. Voltage is very important, too much or too little can both cause problems.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X